Martin J. Badoian
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Martin J. Badoian (born August 1928) is currently a teacher of mathematics at Canton High School in Canton, Massachusetts and has taught for the last 60 years. Badoian is a co-founder and current vice-president of the American Regions Mathematics League.
Badoian attended Brown University, graduating in 1952, where he excelled in athletics. He was also an outstanding tri-captain athlete at Brown University in golf, basketball, and baseball. He won awards at the state and New England level for his achievements in athletics.
Badoian founded and is the current coach of the Canton High math team and has been the driving force behind their success. The team had such an outstanding record during the late 1900s that news articles sometimes compared them to the Boston Celtics because of their dominance over other teams. The team, at one point, from the late 1970s to the late 1990s had taken 19 of 21 annual New England championships and 14 of 21 state championships. Apart from coaching his high school team, Badoian is the director of New England Math Meet, the New England Mathematics League and the Greater Boston Mathematics League.
- Massachusetts Teacher of the Year Award 1977
- Edyth May Sliffe Award 1989 and 1991
- Two time winner of The Alfred Kalfus Founder's Award in 1987 and 1990 (Award for dedication to ARML)
- Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (State & National Winner)
- Tandy Scholar (National Winner)
- Honoring a prime figure - The Boston Globe
- Hall of Fame
- Boston Globe|Date: Nov 11, 1984|By: PHYLLIS COONS, Globe Staff
- Greater Boston Mathematics League 2006-2007 Archived 2008-02-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- 1977 State Teachers of the Year Archived 2008-02-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- High School Mathematics Teaching Edyth May Sliffe Award
- Major ARML Awards Archived 2008-02-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- PAEMST » Find Awardees