|Alma mater||University of Miami School of Law|
|Years active||1989 - Present|
|Spouse(s)||Cynthia Zilber -->|
|Children||Michael Zilber , Leigh Zilber|
Early life and education
After graduating from the University of Miami School of Law, Zilber became a legal intern in the Miami-Dade county state attorney's office. In 1989, Zilber went to work as in-house general counsel to several transportation companies including Metro Transportation Services, Metro Taxi and Greyline Bus.
He became vice-president of mergers and acquisitions for Coach U.S.A., in 1997. After the acquisition of the company by Stagecoach, he became the president of the Taxi Cab, Limousine, and Paratransit Association. In 2001, he co-founded the firm, Stolzenberg, Gelles, and Zilber, and remained there as a partner, till 2014. From 2010-2014, Zilber also served as a traffic magistrate in Miami-Dade county.
In 2005 he was elected, to a four-year term, to the Coconut Grove village council. The council was responsible for voting on a variety of zoning and community issues. During his term, Zilber was elected chairman of the village council by fellow councilmen. The same year, he was appointed to the Jackson Memorial Hospital Public Health Trust. Zilber was recommended by Florida governor Jeb Bush and appointed by the Miami-Dade county commission. He served for ten years on the Miami-Dade county arts board and was active in the cultural and arts as vice chairman of the cultural affairs council of Miami Dade county. He was an adjunct professor at Miami-Dade College and Florida International University. Judge Zilber also serves as a board member for the University of Miami School of Law.
He is a judge for the Eleventh Circuit Court, in Florida. He was elected to the court, in 2014, for a term beginning on January 6, 2015 and expiring on January 4, 2027. He began in the Juvenile Dependency Division and Unified Family Court, and then the Felony Criminal Division of the Circuit Court. Zilber now serves in the Circuit Civil Division.
- "Martin Zilber For Judge Biography". Martinzilberforjudge.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Judicial Profile: Judge Zilber Always Knew He Would Be a Lawyer". Daily Business Review. 2015-06-12. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "He's Driven to Success - South Florida Business Journal". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "The Herald recommends". Miami Herald. 2014-07-21. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- Ovalle, David (2014-08-01). "Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-Dade". Miami Herald. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- Jim DeFede (2011-02-17). "Money Woes Threaten Future Of Jackson Memorial Hospital « CBS Miami". Miami.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Martin G. Zilber's investiture makes three a charm – The Westside Gazette". Thewestsidegazette.com. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Group 58: Oscar Rodriguez-Fonts and Martin Zilber". Daily Business Review. 2014-08-08. Retrieved 2016-01-15.
- "Judicial Directory". Retrieved 2016-10-11.