|Official portrait of Peters from U.S. Copyright Office|
|11th Register of Copyrights|
7 August 1994
|Preceded by||Barbara Ringer
|Succeeded by||Maria A. Pallante|
June 12, 1939 |
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
|Alma mater||George Washington University Law School (J.D.), Rhode Island College|
Marybeth Peters (born June 12, 1939 in Pawtucket, Rhode Island) served as the 11th United States Register of Copyrights from August 7, 1994 to December 31, 2010. Prior to serving as register, Peters held the positions of Policy Planning Adviser to the Register, Acting General Counsel of the Copyright Office and as chief of both the Examining Division and the Information and Reference Divisions. In addition to over 40 years of service to the Copyright Office, Peters served as a consultant on copyright law to the World Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva, Switzerland (1989–1990). She obtained her B.S. degree from Rhode Island College in 1961 and her J.D., with honors, from The George Washington University Law School in 1971.
- "Marybeth Peters", The Complete Marquis Who's Who (Gale Biography In Context)
- "Register of Copyrights Announces Intention to Retire". U.S. Copyright Office NewsNet. United States Copyright Office. 2010-09-13. Retrieved 2010-09-13.
- "Maria Pallante Appointed 12th Register of Copyrights". News from the Library of Congress. Library of Congress. 2011-06-01. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Marybeth Peters, Register of Copyrights, Biographical Information". U.S. Copyright Office. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- "Register of Copyrights Marybeth Peters Receives Lifetime Achievement Award". News from the Library of Congress. March 27, 2006. Retrieved 2010-12-31.
- Nierman, Judith (November 2010). "Marybeth Peters Reflects on 16 Years as Register of Copyrights" (PDF). Copyright Notices (Special Edition) (U.S. Copyright Office). Retrieved December 31, 2010.
as Acting Register of Copyrights
|Register of Copyrights
1994 – 2010
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|