Masala Coffee band at Mojo Rising on February 20th, 2015 at Bolgatty Palace, Kochi.
|Genres||Indian folk, Indian pop, Indian rock, Blues, Reggae|
|Members||Varun Sunil (Percussion/Vocals)|
Sooraj Santhosh (Vocals)
Daya Sankar (Drums)
Preeth PS (Guitar)
David Crimson (Guitar)
Joe Johnson (Keyboard)
Krishna Raj (Violin)
Masala Coffee is an Indian music band founded in 2014. The band performs across various genres - Indian folk, blues, pop and rock. Although they primarily compose original music and covers in Malayalam and Tamil, the band also performs in Hindi. Masala Coffee has also made a name for itself through the music they've composed and performed for movies including Solo, Uriyadi and Mundina Nildana.
Band formation and initial years(2014 - 2015)
The band was founded by Varun Sunil in 2014 along with Sooraj Santhosh whom he knew from his Chennai days. They were soon joined by an impressive line up of artists - Daya Sankar, Preeth PS, David Crimson Clifton, Paul Joseph(Pauly), Krishna Raj and Joe Johnson.
They debuted on Kappa TV’s Music Mojo in 2014, performing their own unique versions of popular Malayalam songs like “Munbe Vaa” and “Snehithane”. Videos of their performance went viral and the band soon achieved widespread fame through social media. 
When the members of Masala Coffee first jammed together, it was not with the intention of forming a band. However, following the enthusiastic reception their melodious style of music received, Masala Coffee was officially formed and has never looked back.
The band was named "Masala Coffee" to signify the different kind of music they play(Alternate Folk Rock)
Masala Coffee announced the release of its debut album, titled Kimaya, in 2018. The album is composed of ten songs in Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi, including updated versions of some of their original songs in addition to all new tracks. “Arivaal” was the first of the album’s songs to be released in November, 2018, followed soon after by the Hindi track “Safar.” The band has since released a few more songs and music videos, with the rest of the album due to be released sequentially.
The band debuted into film music direction in 2016 with the title track in a promo video for the Malayalam movie, Hello Namasthe. Its first major composing was for Uriyadi a Tamil movie directed by Vijay Kumar (Tamil filmmaker) consisting three songs. Masala Coffee is also one of the composers for the movie Solo  directed by Bejoy Nambiar.
|2016||Hello Namasthe||Malayalam||Promo song|
|2017||Solo||Malayalam/Tamil||1 song - World of Siva|
|2019||Kannum Kannum Kollaiyadithaal||Tamil|
|Mundina Nildana||Kannada||1 song - Manase Maya|
|20 Feb 2015||Mojo Rising Music Fest||Bolgatty Palace Grounds, Kochi|
|08 Nov 2016||The Hindu November Fest||The Music Academy, Chennai|
|19 Feb 2017||The Global ISAI Festival||Phoenix MarketCity, Chennai|
|17 July 2017||Hyderabad Arts Festival||Cyber Convention Center, Madhapur|
|11 Aug 2017||AURA'17||Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS)|
|26 Jan 2018||The GoMad Festival||Fernhills Royal Palace, Ooty|
- Masala Coffee in Dubai on 17 October 2014 at the inaugural ceremony of KPL Dubai Season 3.
- Masala Coffee performing live for Raag 'N' Rock - The Indie Music Festival, on 11 September 2015 in Dubai
- Masala Coffee on 22 October 2016, performed at the Malaysian Independent Live Fusion Festival which will be held at the StarXpo Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
- Masala Coffee Performed for the Sarvesh Festival of Arts at the Victoria Hall, Singapore, on 25 November 2016.
- Masala Coffee performed on 17 March 2017, at the Dubai Global Village.
- Manorama Online - Of fusion, folk, coffee and more
- New Indian Express - Masala Coffee to soothe your musical senses
- Telangana Today - Piquant concoction of music
- The Hans India - Fifth edition of Hyderabad Arts Festival announced
- The Hans India - Masala Coffee drops some fusion rock
- Mid Day - South Indian Band Masala Coffee To Perform In Mumbai For The First Time
- Lazarus, Susanna Myrtle (2018-05-25). "A new sound brewing with Masala Coffee". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "Artist Profile: Masala Coffee". eventseeker.com. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- Murthy, Neeraja (2017-07-20). "A heady concoction". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- Gomes, Michael. "Masala Coffee to spice up things in Dubai concert". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "Some 'Masala Coffee' to soothe your musical senses". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2019-09-24.
- M, Athira (2018-10-31). "Masala Coffee to launch first track from its debut album, 'Kimaya'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- "Masala Coffee on their new album 'Kimaya'". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2019-11-11.
- Sur, Prateek (2015-08-15). "Kunjiramayanam song Salsa". Bollywood Life. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Hindu, The. "Brewing New Ideas". Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- Riaz, Azmia (2017-10-07). "Flying Solo". Edex Live. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Somani, Deepa (2015-02-17). "Kappa TV organises Mojo rising". timesofindia. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Vijayan, Naveena (2016-11-08). "Brewing a new sound". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Metro Plus (2017-02-17). "Music at the mall". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Murthy, Neeraja (2017-07-20). "A heady concoction". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Verma, Dinesh (2016-08-16). "Masala Coffee brews musical magic". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Rodricks, Allan (2018-01-24). "GoMad Festival in Ooty: Madness, music and masti". The Hindu. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- "Masala coffee | KPL Dubai Season 3". Kpldubai.com. 2014-10-08. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- "Indie Festival Brings Top Live Acts Together For An Evening Of RAAG 'n' ROCK In Dubai". Onlinepress.com. 26 July 2015. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Staff (2015-09-04). "Malayalam folk-rock sensations gear up for UAE debut". Emirates 24/7. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- Ganesan, Sharmila (2016-10-21). "Masala Coffee brews a spicy mix of music". Star 2. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
- "Indian band Masala Coffee to perform in Dubai". khaleejtimes.com. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Rebecca, Merin (2015-07-04). "Of fusion, folk, coffee and more". manoramaonline. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- Damodaran, Akhila (2017-11-18). "some-masala-coffee-to-soothe-your-musical-senses". New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- B, Keerthana (2017-07-16). "Piquant concoction of music". Telangana Today. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- "Fifth-edition-of-Hyderabad-Arts-Festival-announced". The Hans India. Hyderabad. 2017-04-14. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- "Masala Coffee drops some fusion rock". The Hans India. Hyderabad. 2017-07-17. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
- The Guide Team (2018-01-18). "South Indian Band Masala Coffee To Perform In Mumbai For The First Time". Mid-Day. Retrieved 2018-03-17.
Masala Coffee Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/masalacoffeeband/