In the Swahili speaking countries it is the name of several places that were named after their markets. Among them are:
- Masoko (Rungwe) in southern Tanzania - an administrative center between Tukuyu and Lake Nyassa next to the circular Masoko maar lake. In German colonial times it housed the barracks of a company of the Schutztruppen.
- Kilwa Masoko - the administrative center of Kilwa district on the mainland opposite Kilwa Island.
Masoko is also the name of
- Masoko, a village on Nendo Island, the largest of the Santa Cruz Islands, located in the Temotu province of the Solomon Islands.
- Masoko, a place in the Northern Province of Sierra Leone
- Masoko Tanga, a song from the album Outlandos D'Amour, by The Police.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Masoko.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.