In May 2009 he was elected for the second time to the board of Ipc, International Post Corporation, the association of the largest postal operators in the world.
Since June 2010 Massimo Sarmi is also chairman of the Global Cyber Security Center (Gc-Sec), the international study and research body for digital communication security established in Rome on the initiative of Poste Italiane.
Massimo Sarmi was appointed CEO of the Poste Italiane Group in May 2002 and has been reconfirmed three times (2005, 2008 and 2011).
At the head of the Group, Massimo Sarmi has developed a strategy for strengthening the post office network, technological innovation, expansion of the range of services and entry into new business sectors, obtaining significant results on the financial level.
Poste Italiane, under the guidance of Massimo Sarmi, has established relationships with important national and international players, such as UPS, Finmeccanica, Russian Post, Microsoft, IBM, HP, Cisco, Vodafone and Ferrovie dello Stato.
Poste Italiane, under the leadership of Massimo Sarmi, has been placed in the list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” drawn up by the US magazine Fortune, for five years. In 2011 Poste Italiane has been placed in fifth position in the list of the leading global operators in the delivery sector.
Milano Serravalle – Milano Tangenziali
On 6 October 2014 Sarmi became the CEO of Milano Serravalle – Milano Tangenziali.
-  Massimo Sarmi confirmed CEO for the third mandate –Corporate Press Release
-  How Poste Italiane is truly delivering – Financial Times
-  Poste Italiane Group reports growth in earnings, revenue and operating profit in 2010 – Corporate Press Release
-  Poste Italiane and Finmeccanica - partnership with Egypt Post for technological innovation – Corporate Press Release
-  Mobile Operator, launch within the year – Corporate Press release
-  Poste Italiane climbs up the Fortune magazine ratings – Corporate Press Release
-  World’s Most Admired Companies 2001-Poste Italiane