|Minority Leader of the Idaho House of Representatives|
January 13, 2017 – December 6, 2019
|Preceded by||John Rusche|
|Member of the Idaho House of Representatives|
from the 19th district
December 1, 2012 – December 6, 2019
|Preceded by||Cherie Buckner-Webb|
|Born||January 10, 1975|
Denver, Colorado, U.S.
|Education||Idaho State University (BS)|
University of Idaho, Boise (MS)
Mathew Erpelding (born January 10, 1975 in Denver, Colorado) was a Democratic member of the Idaho House of Representatives from the north Boise-based District 19 in the A seat from 2012 until 2019. Erpelding also served as House Minority Leader from January 2017 until his December 2019 resignation.
From 1993 to 1997, Erpelding attended Idaho State University, in Pocatello, graduating with a BA in psychology. He later earned a master's degree in adult education and organizational learning from the University of Idaho.
Rep. Erpelding co-owns Idaho Mountain Guides serving as the head guide and instructor. Additionally, he teaches at Boise State University in the College of Innovation and Design as an adjunct instructor for the LEAD certification.
Prior to his election in 2012, Rep. Erpelding was a social and behavioral sciences instructor at the College of Western Idaho. An accomplished mountain guide, Erpelding has guided mountains across the western United States, most notably summiting Denali (20.310 ft) four times.
In 2003 Erpelding founded Experiential Adventures LLC, which offers "clients hands on leadership experience in fun and progressive learning environments."
In December 2019, Erpelding resigned from the Idaho House to take a position with the Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce.
Erpelding was unopposed in the Democratic Primary. Erpelding defeated Republican Mark Patten with 68.75% of the vote.
- "CWI in the News" (PDF). cwidaho.cc. Retrieved 2017-04-11.[dead link]
- Prentice, George. "Mat Erpelding". Boise Weekly. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- Leadership Team | Experimental Adventures Archived 2013-09-08 at the Wayback Machine (accessed 27 November 2012)
- "Letter of Resignation". Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- "'A voice of opposition.' Meet Mat Erpelding, Idaho Democrats' accidental leader | Idaho Statesman". www.idahostatesman.com. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Legislative Totals". www.sos.idaho.gov. Archived from the original on 2014-11-08. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Legislative Totals". www.sos.idaho.gov. Archived from the original on 2016-12-20. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- Ysursa, Ben. "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results". Boise, Idaho: Secretary of State of Idaho. Archived from the original on November 19, 2012. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Ysursa, Ben. "November 6, 2012 Election Results". Boise, Idaho: Secretary of State of Idaho. Archived from the original on June 15, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
|Idaho House of Representatives|
| Minority Leader of the Idaho House of Representatives