Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up mater in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mater is a formal Latin term for mother and may refer to:
- Mater, Belgium, a village near Oudenaarde
- Mater Health Services, Brisbane, Australia
- Mater Health Services North Queensland, which incorporates:
- Calvary Mater Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales
UK and Ireland
- Mater Infirmorum Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Mater Private Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Mater (Cars), a character in the Disney animated film Cars
- Mater, an album by the Slovak composer Vladimír Godár featuring singer Iva Bittová
- Mater, a major part of an astrolabe
- M.A.T.E.R., a football (soccer) club in Rome
- A slang term for tomato.
- Juris Māters (1845–1885), Latvian writer and journalist
- Dura mater, the outermost layer of the meninges surrounding the brain and spinal cord in humans
- Pia mater, the innermost layer of the meninges surrounding the brain and spinal cord in humans
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mater.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.