Demy in 2012
|Occupation||Actor, film director|
Demy's work as an actor ranges from romantic comedy to drama. His breakthrough came in 1998, when he was cast as Olivier, a young man with AIDS, in the musical Jeanne et le Garçon formidable, directed by Olivier Ducastel and Jacques Martineau.
In 1999, he started a company, Les Films de l’Autre, to produce his own short films. He produced and directed in 2000 his first film, Le Plafond (35’), adapted from a short story by Tonino Benacquista. The film received the audience award at the Angers film festival Festival Premiers Plans and the Uppsala International Short film Festival, and additional awards in Pantin, Rennes, Dignes and Mamers.
In 2001, Demy worked for director Benoît Cohen for the first time in the film Les Acteurs anonymes. They reunited for Nos enfants chéris (Our Precious Children), in which he played Martin, a 30-year-old who meets his great love again just as he's about to become a father.
In 2001, Demy received the best actor award at the Festival de Paris for Quand on sera grand directed by Renaud Cohen. The Festival Européen Cinessone awarded him twice for acting: in 2003 for Mister V. by Émilie Deleuze and in 2004 for Le Silence by Orso Miret.
In 2005, Les Films de l’Autre produced Demy’s second short film, La Bourde (20’), an experimental comedy.
Demy reprised his role as Martin for the TV adaptation of Nos enfants chéris, which aired on Canal+ in 2007-2008. He was cast by Pascal Bonitzer for Le Grand Alibi and worked twice for Philippe Barassat, in Folle de Rachid en transit sur Mars and in Lisa et le pilote d’avion. In 2009, he also starred in André Téchiné's La Fille du RER and in the television drama Mes chères études, directed by Emmanuelle Bercot and dealing with a students' prostitution.
- 1981 : Documenteur
- 1988 : Kung-Fu Master
- 1993 : À la belle étoile with Julie Gayet, Chiara Mastroianni
- 1995 : A Hundred and One Nights
- 1997 : Arlette with Josiane Balasko and Christopher Lambert
- 1997 : Jeanne et le garçon formidable with Virginie Ledoyen
- 1999 : Le New Yorker with Grace Phillips
- 1999 : Banqueroute with Antoine Chappey
- 2000 : La Chambre obscure with Caroline Ducey, Melvil Poupaud
- 2001 : Dieu est grand, je suis toute petite with Audrey Tautou
- 2002 : Aram by Robert Kechichian with Simon Abkarian, Lubna Azabal
- 2003 : Nos enfants chéris by Benoît Cohen
- 2005 : Un fil à la patte by Michel Deville with Emmanuelle Béart, Charles Berling
- 2006 : Quelques jours en septembre by Santiago Amigorena
- 2007 : Écoute le temps by Alanté Kavaité
- 2007 : Le Temps d'un regard by Ilan Flammer
- 2008 : Le Grand alibi by Pascal Bonitzer
- 2008 : Les Plages d'Agnès by Agnès Varda
- 2009 : La Fille du RER by André Téchiné
- 2011 : Les Insomniaques by Jean-Pierre Mocky
- 2011 : L'Art de séduire by Guy Mazarguil
- 2011 : Tomboy by Céline Sciamma
- 2011 : Americano, directorial debut
- 2013 : The Conquerors by Xabi Molia