Matt Bellassai is an American comedian and writer. He hosts the Unhappy Hour podcast and web series To Be Honest. He formerly starred in the BuzzFeed web series Whine About It, which attracted 3.5 million weekly viewers. He received the 2016 People's Choice Award for Favorite Social Media Star, and is the author of Everything Is Awful: And Other Observations, a collection of essays. Bellassai grew up in the Chicago suburbs of Alsip and Palos Heights, Illinois. He studied journalism at Northwestern University, and interned at the magazine In These Times. After graduation he moved to New York and joined BuzzFeed as a writer of humorous lists, and soon developed Whine About It, a series of videos featuring himself drinking wine and complaining. Bellassai is gay. He attended a Pride parade for the first time at the age of 19. He considers Honey Boo-Boo and Ellen DeGeneres as LGBTQ icons.
- Cappadona, Bryanna (7 December 2017). "The worst things about the holidays, as told by Matt Bellassai". Washington Post.
- Spangler, Todd (26 January 2016). "Facebook Comedian Matt Bellassai Signs With CAA, Will Put BuzzFeed Show on Hiatus (Exclusive)". Variety.
- Biedenharn, Isabella (May 24, 2017). "Former 'Whine About It' Star Matt Bellassai Announces Essay Collection". EW.com.
- Zwecker, Bill (September 27, 2017). "Alsip native Matt Bellassai turns his comedy into first book". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Zaino, Nick A. (December 5, 2017). "The 'Whine About It' comic has no complaints about his career". BostonGlobe.com.
- Rodriguez, Joe (2018-09-07). "20 Queer Q's with Matt Bellassai". Into. Retrieved 2019-10-12.
|This article about an American comedian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|