|Full name||Matthew James Hocking|
|Date of birth||30 January 1978|
|Place of birth||Boston, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Playing position||Central defender|
|1999||→ York City (loan)||6||(0)|
|2010–2011||St Albans City||10||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:59, 17 August 2009 (UTC).
Matthew James "Matt" Hocking (born 30 January 1978 in Boston, England) is an English football defender.
Hocking joined Southport late in the January 2007 transfer window, from Conference South outfit Fisher Athletic. After a year and a half with the Sandgrounders, he signed for Gateshead on 18 August 2008. After making 13 starts and seven substitute appearances in total. Hocking was released by Gateshead.
He returned to his home-town of Boston, Lincolnshire and was linked with a return to Boston United. After training with the town's second non-League club, Boston Town. Hocking signed for the Poachers in July 2009. Hocking then went on to play for St Albans City, making his debut in the 3–0 away defeat to Dorchester Town in the FA Trophy First Round on 11 December 2010. He made 10 appearances for St Albans in the Conference South during the 2010–11 season.
- "Gateshead sign Matt Hocking - 18.08.2008". Gateshead F.C. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "Unofficial Gateshead Football Club Statistics Database - Players A-Z 2000-2009". Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "Gateshead FC Squad update 2009-10 - 14.05.2009". Gateshead F.C. Retrieved 2009-05-14.[permanent dead link]
- "Player Profiles / Stats: Matt Hocking". St Albans F.C. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- Club History Boston Town F.C.
- November 2013 Newsletter Cogenhoe United
- Matt Hocking at Soccerbase