|Full name||Mauricio Fiol Villanueva|
|Born||March 26, 1994|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||72 kg (159 lb)|
Mauricio Fiol Villanueva (born March 26, 1994) is a Peruvian swimmer. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, he competed in the Men's 200 metre butterfly, finishing in 25th place overall in the heats, failing to qualify for the semifinals. He has also won a bronze medal in 1500 metre free in the 2012 Swimming World Cup in Moscow, Russia.
Fiol won a silver medal at the 2015 Pan American Games in the 200 meter butterfly event, but was tested positive for stanozolol after the race. Fiol was stripped of his silver medal and disqualified from participating in the 2016 Olympics by the FINA and was banned for four years.
- "Mauricio Fiol Villanueva". London 2012. Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- "Sports Reference profile". Sports Reference. 2014. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- "2012 Fina World Cup (Moscow) Results". Omega Timing. 2012. Retrieved July 18, 2015.
- "Heartbreak, disgrace in separate Pan Am disqualifications". The South Bayview Bulldog. Retrieved 13 September 2015.
- "Peru swimmer barred from 2016 Olympics for doping". Peru Reports. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
|This biographical article related to a Peruvian swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|