|Also known as||Mavic Pro|
|Type||Unmanned aerial vehicle|
|Input||DJI GO 4 app, Mavic Pro Controller|
|Camera||Sony Exmor R IMX377, 1080p or 4K; gimbal-attached|
The Mavic is equipped with the same camera as the Phantom 4 UAV. The camera is a 12MP camera that is capable of shooting 4K videos at 24 frames per second (FPS). It is capable of 96 FPS when shooting in 1080p. Its camera keeps the same 60Mbit/s bitrate seen in the Phantom 4. The lens in the DJI Mavic possesses a 78-degree field of view (FOV), whereas the Phantom 4 maintains a 94-degree FOV.
Speed & Distance
The Mavic uses FlightAutonomy technology to sense obstacles up to 49 ft (15m) away and allows the Mavic to bypass them or brake to hover, reducing accidents.
DJI rates the battery life of the Mavic at 27 minutes of flight time in zero wind conditions. Max hovering time (0 wind) is 24 minutes, while normal flight drops to 21 minutes.
The Mavic is the first DJI drone to have gesture control. Users can wave their arms in specific patterns to trigger drone functions, such as taking a picture.
Location and flying speed are required when the quad uses satellites to position itself. If the quad wants to use GPS, the location and flight status are recorded using a different method. Drones equipped with vision positioning more than likely using an optical flow visual positioning system. Vision positioning drones use an Optical flow system made up of ultrasonic sensors and single camera. The sensor record altitude measuring the distance between the ground and aircraft. At the same time, the camera is calculating positioning information by capturing images below the aircraft. Essentially, it’s only as a means of measuring height.
The Mavic controller is more compact than those for other DJI drones. It includes fold-out grips for smartphones and small tablets and has a built-in flight information display for flight without a smartphone or tablet. 
A switch on the Mavic allows it to operate in Wi-Fi mode independent of the controller (e.g., controlled directly from a smartphone). In Wi-Fi mode, all flight functions can be accessed using the DJI Go 4 app but with reduced range to a few hundred feet.
Mavic Pro Platinum
At the 2017 IFA trade show, DJI announced the upgraded Mavic Pro Platinum. The upgraded version includes better battery life and improved noise reduction due to new propellers and electronic speed controllers.
This article is missing information about the DJI Mavic Air and all of its specific specs and features such as the camera, speed, obstacle avoidance and sensory, precision hover and etc..(July 2018)
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2018)
The Mavic Air was announced on 23 January 2018, for release on 28 January at a starting price of $799. It is marketed as a smartphone-sized drone that can fit in a jacket's pocket.
It features a 12 MP 4K HDR camera, mounted on a 3-axis gimbal, and has a new panorama mode, which stitches together 25 photos in eight seconds to create a "Sphere Panorama". Due to antennas mounted on its landing gear, the drone has a 21-minute flight time and a 2.5 mile range. Like the Spark, the Air also features the "Smart Capture" mode, in which the drone can be controlled by hand gestures.
The Mavic Air has a controller similar to the Spark and the Pro except it does not include a small built-in display monitor screen. The Air's controller has detachable sticks for portability conveniences.
- "Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads". DJI Official. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Arvin, Mojtaba. "DJI Mavic Pro: 5 Things You Should Know About the New Foldable Drone". Artificial Intelligence Online. Mojtaba Arvin. Archived from the original on 10 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Popper, Ben. "DJI's new Mavic Pro drone folds up and fits in the palm of your hand". The Verge. The Verge. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Cranz, Alex. "DJI's Mavic Pro is Tiny, Foldable, and Super Smart". GIZMODO. Alex Cranz. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "DJI Mavic Pro Drone Sheds Serious Weight But Bulks Features". News Ledge. September 27, 2016.
- Baldwin, Roberto. "DJI's Mavic Pro takes on GoPro's Karma with smart features". engadget. Roberto Baldwin. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Drone Lifestyle. Michael Karr https://dronelifestyle.com/dji-mavic-pro-drone-review/. Retrieved 19 November 2017. Missing or empty
- My Dear Drone. Oliver McClintock https://mydeardrone.com/brands/dji/mavic-pro/. Retrieved 19 November 2017. Missing or empty
- "DJI Mavic Pro $999 foldable camera drone is crazy-small and powerful". CNET. CNET. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- Pogue, David. "DJI Mavic Pro: a folding drone that redefines the category". Yahoo! Tech. David Pogue. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- ProPhotoUAV "DJI MAVIC PRO Guide By ProPhotoUAV". Archived from the original on 2016-10-26. Retrieved 25 October 2016
- "DJI Adopts Tick-Tock Cycle in Upgrading Mavic and Phantom 4 Pro". News Ledge. 2017-08-31. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- O'Kane, Sean (2017-08-31). "DJI's new Mavic Pro Platinum is quieter and stays in the air longer". The Verge. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "Mavic Pro Platinum - Enhanced Endurance, Quieter Flight". DJI Official. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Heater, Brian. "DJI's $799 'smartphone-size' Mavic Air drone starts shipping January 28". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-01-23.