The Mawddach Trail (Welsh: Llwybr Mawddach) is a cycle path route, part of Lôn Las Cymru, which runs for some 8 miles (13 km) from Dolgellau ( to )Morfa Mawddach railway station (, by )Barmouth bridge on the Cambrian coast. It is maintained by the Snowdonia National Park and is popular with walkers and cyclists alike. It passes some estuarine areas that are important for water birds, and the RSPB Information Centre at Penmaenpool makes use of the old signal box as an observation centre overlooking the estuary.
- Sustrans Routes2Ride: Cycling the Mawddach Trail
- Gwynedd Council - Recreational Routes - Mawddach Trail
- The Mawddach Trail - "The Railway Walk"
- The Mawddach Way - A circular footpath walk around the Mawddach Estuary
- www.geograph.co.uk : photos of the Mawddach Trail and surrounding area
|This Gwynedd location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|