Max Charles Solling (OAM; b. 1942) is an Australian urban and sports historian.
Born in Sydney, Max Solling has been a resident of Glebe since 1960. He was educated at Newington College (1955-1959)  and the University of Sydney where he was awarded a University Sporting Blue in boxing and was Australian Universities boxing champion. In 1972 he completed his MA on the development of nineteenth-century Glebe and he was a founding editor of the Leichhardt Historical Journal. He is also a qualified and practicing solicitor.
- Grandeur and Grit: A History of Glebe (2007), Halstead Press, ISBN 1-920831-38-X
- The Boatshed on Blackwattle Bay (1993), Glebe Rowing Club, ISBN 0-646-14811-7
- Leichhardt: On the Margins of the City (1997) with Peter Reynolds, Allen & Unwin. (A social history of Leichhardt and the former municipalities of Annandale, Balmain and Glebe.
- Contributor, Oxford Companion to Australian Sport
- Contributor, Oxford Companion to Australian Cricket
- Australian Sports Medal as a local sporting historian (2000) 
- Medal of the Order of Australia for service to the community, particularly through researching, recording and publishing the history of Glebe (2005) 
|This biographical article about an Australian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|