July 28, 1983 |
La Prairie, QC, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||202 lb (92 kg; 14 st 6 lb)|
Maxime Fortunus (born July 28, 1983 in La Prairie, Quebec) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for the Iowa Wild in the American Hockey League (AHL). Fortunus is of Haitian descent, his parents being born in Haiti, then immigrating to Canada in the 1970s.
Prior to playing in the QMJHL, Fortunus played Midget AAA hockey for the Charles Lemoyne Riverains and was a 2nd round choice of the Baie-Comeau Drakkar in the 1999 QMJHL Midget Draft.
Fortunus played junior ice hockey for the Baie-Comeau Drakkar of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League from 1999 to 2003 before turning professional with the Louisiana IceGators of the ECHL. Fortunus has played over 300 games in the American Hockey League for the Houston Aeros, the Manitoba Moose, and the Texas Stars.
Fortunus was signed as a free agent by the Dallas Stars of the NHL on July 3, 2008. In the 2009–10 season, he has played for both Dallas and the Stars' top affiliate team in the AHL, the Texas Stars, where he is a regular.
Fortunus signed a one year two-way deal with the Dallas Stars on July 13, 2012.
After six seasons within the Stars organization, serving as a mainstay veteran presence to their AHL affiliates, Fortunus signed as a free agent to a two-year AHL contract with the Iowa Wild, affiliate to the Minnesota Wild on July 1, 2015.
Awards and honors
|Calder Cup Champion||2014|
- Cooper, Mitch (2010). "Texas Stars raise money for earthquake victims". Pro Hockey News. February 7, 2010.
- Texas Stars (2010). "Dallas Recalls Maxime Fortunus". January 9, 2010.
- Texas Stars (2010). Texas Stars Roster. Retrieved Feb. 1, 2010.
- "Iowa Wild signs Maxime Fortunus to two-year deal". Iowa Wild. 2015-07-01. Retrieved 2015-07-01.
- Maxime Fortunus career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Maxime Fortunus's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a Haitian sportsperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|