|Born||2005 (age 13–14)|
|Title||Fide Master |
|FIDE rating||2223 (August 2016)|
|Peak rating||2223 (August 2016)|
Maximillian Lu is an American chess player. Maximillian was the former youngest United States Chess Federation member to attain a master rating. At approximately nine-years and eleven-months of age Maximillian beat the previous record by twelve days and reached the milestone three years before Bobby Fischer.  About a year later, this record was broken by Christopher Yoo.
List of tournament wins
2013 Fide North American Youth Chess Championships, Toronto, Canada, Under age 8, Gold Medal 1st place – received Fide Candidate Master title.
2013 Fide World Youth Chess Championships, Al-Ain, UAE, 4th Place,Under age 8, top U.S. finisher.
2014 Fide North American Youth Chess Championships, Tarrytown, NY, Under Age 10, Gold Medal 1st place.
2015 USCF K-3 National Blitz Champion, 1st place.
2015 US Chess Federation Grade Nationals, 4th Grade National Champion, 1st Place.
2017 Fide North American Youth Chess Championships, Under Age 12,Gold Medal, 1st place.
| Youngest ever United States chessmaster
- Maximillian Lu. FIDE Chess Profile. Retrieved on November 8, 2016.
- Max Lu, Youngest US Chess Master: "Good Things are About to Happen.". Uschess.org (September 11, 2015). Retrieved on 2016-11-08.
- Schott, Paul. (October 11, 2015) Greenwich student youngest ever chess master. Greenwichtime.com. Retrieved on 2016-11-08.
- US Squad Bags Bevy of Medals & Norms in Toronto. Uschess.org (August 30, 2013). Retrieved on 2016-11-08.
- Dylan Loeb McClain (January 18, 2014) Strong Showing for U.S. at Youth Championships. NY Times. Retrieved on 2016-11-08.
- Beatriz Marinello (June 26, 2014) Katz, Williams, Tang & Wang Among Big Winners in Tarrytown. Uschess.org. Retrieved on 2016-11-08.
- National Elementary Championship 8–10 May Nashville, TN. Uschess.org. Retrieved on November 8, 2016.
- GM Irina Krush (December 13, 2015) Krush on K-12: “No Offense, but GMs Aren’t Good at Bughouse”. New.uschess.org. Retrieved on November 8, 2016.
|This biographical article relating to an American chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|