From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see May (disambiguation).
|Word/name||Latin or Arabic|
|Meaning||the month of May, Flower|
|Related names||nickname for Mary or Margaret, Maia|
May is an English feminine given name. It is derived from the name of the month, which comes from Maia, the name of a Roman fertility goddess. The name May is also used as a pet form of Mary and Margaret.
People with the given name May include:
- May J. (born 1988), Japanese singer
- May Allison (1890–1989), American actress
- May Allison (athlete) (born 1964), Canadian runner
- Lady May Abel Smith (1906–1994), member of the British Royal Family
- May McAvoy (1899-1984), American actr
- May W. Newburger (1920–2012), New York politician
- May Robson (1858–1942), Australian actress
- May Sarton (1912–1995), American poet and novelist
- Dame May Whitty (1865–1948), English actress
- May Gibbs (1877–1969), Australian children's author and illustrator
- Georgia May Jagger (born 1992), British model, Mick Jagger's daughter.
- May (surname), surname origin, and people with the surname
- Baron May, nobility, a title in the Peerage of the United Kingdom
- Mei (given name), also spelled as May
- Mae (given name)
- "Origin and Meaning of May". MFnames.com. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|