May Tamang Balita
|May Tamang Balita|
|Created by||GMA Network, Inc.|
|Developed by||GMA News and Public Affairs|
|Written by||Allan Ebora
Jason Bernard Santos
|Directed by||Jeffrey Mejia|
|Presented by||Ramon Bautista
with Jinri Park
|Opening theme||"May Tamang Balita", performed by Tanya Markova|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||100|
|Executive producer(s)||Lui Alfaro-Balingit|
|Camera setup||multicamera setup|
|Running time||60 minutes (March 4, 2011 – September 13, 2012)
30 minutes (September 20, 2012 – February 7, 2013)
|Original network||GMA News TV|
|Picture format||480i SDTV|
|Original release||March 4, 2011 – February 7, 2013|
May Tamang Balita (English: The News with Craziness; formally May Tamang Balita atbp.) is a Filipino satirical newscast television program that airs on GMA News TV. The original hosts of the show were Janna Dominguez, Maey Bautista, Ramon Bautista and Sheena Halili, but Dominguez left the show for unknown reasons around October 2011, and was later substituted by comedian Boobay Balbuena. Later on, Halili also left the show, probably due to schedule conflicts, and was replaced by Jinri Park, one of the ai staff (or "jocks") of Monster Radio RX 93.1. Currently, the show's presenters are Park, Balbuena, and the two Bautistas (Ramon and Maey). The reporters of the show refer to themselves as "May Tama".
The newscast is similar to The Daily Show and The Colbert Report in the United States and The Sic [sic] O'Clock News of IBC, Wazzup Wazzup of Studio 23 and The Weakend [sic] News (also hosted by Ramon Bautista). It gives humorous stories which is related to the biggest news that are happening to the country.
- 'Bulag na Katotohanan' - Hosted by Boobay and Maey Bautista. Features blind items that usually involves politicians.
- 'Kuro-Kuro' (formerly Maey Katanungan) - A parody of Saksi's segment "Barangay Saksi"
- 'Pa-Star' (also known as Pa-Star: Showbiz News na Paandar) - A showbiz segment hosted by Maey Bautista.
- 'Ang Twit-twit Mo!' - Boobay shares some tweets of different personalities from their Twitter accounts.
- 'Baliktaktakan' - A segment where the Anchors shared their comments/opinions on the current issues on Politics, Sports, & Showbiz.
- 'Tamang Hinala' - Hosted by Maey Bautista as Madam U (which is a pun for the phrase "damn you"). It features some of the predictions of different personalities in politics and showbiz.
- 'Buti Nga' - A parody of 24 Oras' segment Kapusong Totoo.
- 'Huli Cam' - An on-cam investigation
- 'Alam Na' - Various cast of May Tamang Balita hosts this segment, which airs before the show goes onto a commercial break.
- 'Weather You Like It or Not' - Formerly hosted by Janna Dominguez, and was hosted once by Aira Bermudez. A parody of TV Patrol's weather report segment "Weather Weather Lang" and Aksyon's Weather or Not segment with Lourd De Veyra and the title is also a pun on the phrase "whether you like it or not".
- 'You've Got the Look-alike' - Features different personalities in showbiz and politics who had their look-alike
- 'WOW: Word of the Week' - It features word or phrase that had a different meaning
- 'Wish Madam' - Hosted by Albert "Betong" Sumaya as Madame Belle Dama, where she reads some of the wishes of different personalities. But, sometimes, she didn't grant their wishes for a lot of reasons.
- 'Fadir Knows Best' - A segment hosted by a reactive priest named Fadir Clahey where he criticizes some of the issues of the day.
- 'Single Single Never Double' - Hosted by YouTube star Lloyd Cadena.
- Foolish Report - Formerly one of the original segments of May Tamang Balita
- Payong May Tama - Only aired once; Was hosted by Ramon Bautista
- Cooking ni Maey - Formerly hosted by Maey Bautista
- Walang Basagan ng Tips! - Formerly hosted by Sheena Halili
- The Impeachable - Aired during the Impeachment of Renato Corona.
The show aired every Friday evening at 20:00 PST, premiering on March 4, 2011. However, on June 2, 2011, the show started to air every Thursday night at 22:00 local time, to give way for reporter Jay Taruc's Motorcycle Diaries. More than three months after the time slot relocation, the show started to air for 30 minutes, starting from 22:30 local time, because of Hamon ng Kalikasan, a new program that was aired on GMA News TV on its then former time slot, which was 22:00 (local time). It was reverted to its former time slot on December 27, 2012.
- Ramon Bautista
- Jinri Park
- Maey Bautista
- Boobay Balbuena
- Ynna Asistio
- Isabel Oli
- Jackie Rice
- Chariz Solomon
- Petra Mahalimuyak
- Ethel Booba
- Frencheska Farr
- Daiana Menezes