|Height||165 cm (5 ft 5 in)|
|Born||5 December 1987|
|Wins by KO||10|
Mayerlin Rivas (born 5 December 1987) is a Venezuelan professional boxer. She is a two-weight world champion, having held the WBA super bantamweight title since February 2020 and previously the WBA bantamweight title from 2015 to 2018.
Mayerlin Rivas was born on 5 December 1987 in Maracaibo. She participated in wushu and was runner-up in this sport at the National Youth Games. In 2007 she made her boxing debut, against Anys Cedillo, and won by TKO.
Rivas drew with Zulina Munoz in a contest for the WBC Youth female bantamweight title in July 2010. In March 2012 she lost by majority decision (MD) to Daniela Romina Bermúdez for the WBA interim female bantamweight title, and in November 2012 lost to Yazmin Rivas by unanimous decision (UD) in an IBF female bantamweight title fight.
A ninth-round technical knockout (TKO) of Arely Valente in August 2014 made Rivas the WBA interim female bantamweight titleholder. This was just Rivas' second fight since 2012, her first stoppage win in more than three years, and her first victory in a match scheduled over 10 rounds.
In January 2015 she knocked out Calixta Silgado in the fifth-round to win the WBA (Regular) title, becoming the second Venezuelan woman to win a WBA world title, the first being Ogleidis "La Niña" Suárez.
Rivas retained the WBA female bantamweight title against Sayda Mosquera in June 2015, and again against Galina Koleva Ivanova in October 2015. She made another successful defence with a narrow victory on points against Melania Sorroche in 2016. In 2017, she retained the title in a draw against Dayana Cordero.
Rivas won the WBA super bantamweight title in February 2020, with a unanimous decision victory over Laura Ledezma. The scores were 96–94, 98–92 and 96–93 in favour of Rivas, and the win took her record to 16–4–2 with ten knockouts.
- "Mayerlin Rivas". World Boxing Association. Archived from the original on 9 August 2019. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Jesús Ángel Semprún Parra; Luis Guillermo Hernández (11 January 2018). Diccionario General del Zulia [General Dictionary of Zulia] (in Spanish). Sultana del Lago, Editores. p. 1773. ISBN 978-1-976873-03-4.
Se inició en el wushu y fue subcampeona en esta disciplina en los Juegos Nacionales Juveniles. ... Debutó en boxeo en al ano 2007 ante la carraquena Anys Cedillo.
- "Mayerlin Rivas". BoxRec. Archived from the original on 13 February 2020. Retrieved 1 March 2020.
- McGrady, Jim (1 September 2014). "Three Times a Charm for Bustos: Women's Boxing – The Weekly Wrap Up". The Boxing Tribune. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- Rojas Erazo, Hilmar (15 January 2015). "Photos: Mayerlin Rivas is the WBA bantamweight champion". World Boxing Association. Archived from the original on 5 July 2017. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- McGrady, Jim (20 January 2015). "Two in the Books: The Women's Weekly Wrap Up". The Boxing Tribune. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- McGrady, Jim (20 January 2015). "Two in the Books: The Women's Weekly Wrap Up". The Boxing Tribune. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Williams, David (23 October 2017). "Unbeaten Ashley Brace gets European bantamweight title shot". South Wales Argus. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Hersh, Kid (2 November 2017). "Rivas Retains Her Bantamweight Title". World Boxing Association. Archived from the original on 4 October 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Milano, Jesus (7 February 2020). "Mayerlin Rivas is the new WBA Super Bantamweight Champion". World Boxing Association. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Songalia, Ryan (7 February 2020). "Daniel Matellon outboxes wild Erik Lopez, wins majority decision to remain unbeated". Ring TV Live. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "Mayerlin Rivas 'La Monita'". Sherdog. Archived from the original on 17 November 2018. Retrieved 1 March 2020.