Maynila (TV series)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Title card since 2017
|Also known as|
|Directed by||G. Phil M. Noble|
|Presented by||Lito Atienza|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||(list of episodes)|
|Production location(s)||Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Production company(s)||Maynilad Golden Productions Inc.|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||November 23, 1998– present|
Maynila (lit. Manila) is a Philippine television drama anthology broadcast by GMA Network. Hosted by Lito Atienza, it premiered on November 23, 1998. The show originally aired on weekday afternoons, and was later moved to Saturday mornings in 2002.
The program's main thrust is to entertain viewers while including good moral values. It appeals to the young and the young at heart with story lines that show glimpses of the Filipino youth, the Filipino family life and values that audience can learn from. It is presently a weekend drama anthology of inspiring stories of people with everyday challenges that affect every Manileño's lives.
- Lito Atienza - former DENR Secretary, Manila mayor & current BUHAY Partylist representative.
- Ali Atienza - sit-in host while his father was running for Mayor of Manila in 2010.
- Nominated, Best Drama Anthology - PMPC Star Awards For TV (1999-2017)
- Nominated, Best Drama Series - Catholic Mass Media Awards (1999-2017)
- Anak TV Seal Award - 2006
- Certificate of Recognition - The First Stars Night Out by Artist Handlers Group 2012
- Winner, Best New Male TV Personality For Ruru Madrid "Maynila: Faith In Love" - PMPC Star Awards For TV 2013
- Special Award Winner, Longest Running Drama Anthology - PMPC Star Awards For TV 2017
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|