|Birth name||Christian Anderson Smith|
|Also known as||C.A. Smith, Dr. Furr, Mr. Handsome|
|Born||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Origin||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, actor, cartoonist|
|Labels||We Are Busy Bodies|
|Associated acts||Rainbow Meow, Gorp, Sianspheric,|
Mayor McCa (born Christian Anderson Smith) is a Canadian musician, writer, cartoonist, animator, actor and onetime mayoral candidate from Hamilton, Ontario. He mostly performs as a one-man band. Mayor McCa currently lives and performs in London, England.
Smith was born in Hamilton, Ontario. He was a member of a high school band, Gorp.
McCa released his second album, Me is He in 2000, to mixed reviews. That year he ran for mayor of Hamilton. One of McCa's campaign pledges was to rename Hamilton as the home of Canadian rock and roll, Donut Rock City (a riff on Hamilton being the home of the first Tim Hortons store). McCa lost, polling eighth out of twelve candidates.
His music has been playlisted on CBC Radio 3, and appeared on the Sonic Unyon anniversary compilation Now We Are 5. In 2003 he released an album, El Limb Men Oh Pee. The album appeared on the !earshot National Top 50 chart. McCa toured across Canada in support of the album, returning to Hamilton in December.
He toured with Finger Eleven, Noisettes, Feist, Slow Club, Nick Oliveri and Blag Dahlia, as well as appearing at the Secret Garden Party festival. He recently toured with Bob Log III and The Magic Numbers in early 2009. He has also played extensively in Canada.
On 15 February 2010, McCa released his hand-made animated video for the song, "Drinkalottawater". The video was directed by Dean Chalkley and Yemisi Brookes.
In early 2012 the Mayor retired his one-man band but carried on writing songs under C.A. Smith. He released his first single, "Time" and "Judge Judy" on Records Records Records. His debut album, "Someone You Love" was released on We Are Busy Bodies in North America. It was released worldwide in November 2012.
- Demo-lition- demo-cassette (1996)
- Busboy (album)|Busboy (1997)
- Welcome to McCALand (1999)
- Me is He (2001)
- El Limb Men Oh Pee (2003)
- Do's and Dues:Demo-lition 2 - 6 track demo (2005)
- Cue Are Es Tea You (2006)
- "One-man band: The singular style of Mayor McCA" thenewpollution.net
- "Mayor McCa Moving To The Land Of Tea And Pounds" "chartattack.com", March 16, 2005
- "Mayor McCa: The One Man Band". Soul Shine, 2004-02-19
- "Mayor McCA The Exclaim! Questionnaire". Feb 01, 2000
- [https://www.allmusic.com/album/me-is-he-mw0001190367 "Mayor McCA Me Is He']. AllMusic Review by Jennifer Jones
- "Mayor McCa Follows Sony Bono's Lead" "chartattack.com"
- "MAYOR McCA". NOW Toronto, by Brent Raynor, July 17, 2003
- "The National Top 50 For the Week Ending: Tuesday, August 12, 2003". !earshot.
- "Mayor McCa @ The Casbah, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada". Smashing Mag, 21st Dec 2003
- "Mayor McCa – The Fly, London". Glasswerk, 7th May 2007
- "Feist / Mayor McCa". Zap Bang Magazine, by Philip Hoile May 6, 2007
- "The Mayor is back in town". May 10, 2007 Hamilton Spectator.
- "Mayor McCa Works Harder Than James Brown" "chartattack.com", Shawn Despres December 16, 2009
- "HATS OFF TO MAYOR McCA"[permanent dead link] "viewmag.com"
- "Mayor McCa Has Noisettes And Rumble Strips On New Album" "charattack.com"