|Fate||Taken over by Goodman Fielder (Brand retained)|
|Founded||17 December 1954|
|Defunct||3 July 2006|
The two companies that emerged from the swap were:
- Fonterra Brands New Zealand Limited (formerly known as New Zealand Milk), wholly owned by Fonterra.
- Mainland Products Limited (MPL), (which became Meadow Fresh NZ Ltd., from 31 October 2005) owned by Graeme Hart.
Meadow Fresh was subsequently sold to Goodman Fielder in connection with the IPO of that company.
On 3 July 2006, Meadow Fresh NZ Ltd, Top Hat Convenience Foods Ltd, and Goodman Fielder New Zealand Ltd amalgamated to become Goodman Fielder New Zealand Ltd.
Meadow Fresh NZ Ltd
Meadow Fresh manufactures and distributes dairy products under these brands
- Meadow Fresh (fresh and UHT milk);
- Meadow Fresh Yoghurt;
- Tararua Cultured;
- Bouton D'Or, Chesdale, Ornelle, Puhoi Valley Cheese
Meadow Fresh also have distribution arrangements for Fonterra Brands products through its Route Food Service.
Glass milk bottles
Meadow Fresh was the last company in New Zealand to produce milk in glass bottles. On 30 November 2005, production of glass bottled milk at their Christchurch production plant ceased, ending this era.
- Meadow Fresh outsource a fleet of chilled linehaul trucks to distribute products to supermarkets, milkies and route trade vans.
- Meadow Fresh "Milkies" distribute fresh milk to some homes and businesses throughout New Zealand.
- Meadow Fresh route trade salespeople distribute the company's products via a network of chiller trucks.
The company has factories as follows:
- Blenheim Road, Christchurch, (Milk and Beverages)
- Longburn, Palmerston North (Milk, Cultured Foods)
- Puhoi Valley (Specialty Cheese)
and has procurement rights for cheese at
- Eltham, Taranaki (Block Cheddar)