Media Arts & Communications Academy
This article needs to be updated.January 2015)(
|Media Arts & Communications Academy|
1330 NE Cowls St
|School district||McMinnville School District|
|Number of students||257|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Pacific Conference 6A-5|
Media Arts and Communications Academy (or MACA) was a charter school located in McMinnville, Oregon, United States. MACA was a small, tech focused, college preparatory high school option for McMinnville School District students.
In March 2011, the McMinnville School District officially decided to make MACA a "pathway school" and merge it with McMinnville High School (MHS). The move was said to save the district around $350,000.
Students now study visual and broadcast communications through the MHS career pathways programs at McMinnville High School.
Students from the Media Arts and Communications Academy compete as a part of McMinnville High School athletics.
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2011-02-13.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Pointer, Starla. "MACA will be folded into main high school". MACA will be folded into main high school. News Register. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- "Second high school has success in McMinnville". 2010-03-20.
- "Schools Guide 2010: Media Arts and Communications Academy". Retrieved 2011-01-25.
- "MACA Graduates First Class". 2010-06-11.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|