Meet Sexton Blake
|Meet Sexton Blake|
Opening title card
|Directed by||John Harlow|
|Produced by||Louis H. Jackson|
|Screenplay by||John Harlow|
|Music by||Percival Mackey|
|Edited by||Vi Burdon|
Strand Film Company (for)
British National Films
|Distributed by||Anglo-American Film Corporation (UK)|
Meet Sexton Blake is a 1945 British supporting feature drama film directed by John Harlow and starring David Farrar, Manning Whiley, Dennis Arundell and John Varley. It was one of two films in which David Farrar played Sexton Blake, the other being The Echo Murders (1945), both directed by John Harlow. Important documents are stolen from a dead man during an air raid, and the War Office call in Sexton Blake to investigate.
- David Farrar - Sexton Blake
- Manning Whiley - Raoul Sudd
- Dennis Arundell - Johann Sudd
- John Varley - Tinker
- Betty Huntley-Wright - Nobby
- Gordon McLeod - Inspector Venner
- Kathleen Harrison - Mrs Bardell
- Cyril Smith - Belford
- Magda Kun - Yvonne
- Ferdy Mayne - Slant-Eyes
- Charles Farrell - Skipper
- Roddy Hughes - Ferraby
- Philip Godfrey - James Baird
- Tony Arpino - Torch
- Charles Rolfe - Mario Carloni
- Elsie Wagstaff - Mrs Baird
- "MEET SEXTON BLAKE - British Board of Film Classification". www.bbfc.co.uk.
- "Meet Sexton Blake (1945)".
- Chibnall, Stephen; McFarlane, Brian (23 October 2009). "The British 'B' Film". Palgrave Macmillan – via Google Books.
- "Meet Sexton Blake (1944) - John Harlow - Cast and Crew - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "OBITUARIES: David Farrar". 29 September 1995.
- Williams, Richard. "Meet Sexton Blake (1945 film)". Silver Sirens.
- "Meet Sexton Blake". TVGuide.com.
|This article related to a British film of the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|