Beach at Melness
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||IV27 4|
Melness (Gaelic: Taobh Mhealanais) is a locality, comprising a group of small remote crofting townships, lying to the west of Tongue Bay opposite Coldbackie, in the north coast of Sutherland, Scottish Highlands and is in the Scottish council area of Highland. The individual hamlets are:
- Achnahuaigh (Gaelic: Achadh na h-Uamha)
- Achininver (Gaelic: Achadh an Inbhir)
- Lubinvullin (Gaelic: Lùb a' Mhuilinn)
- Midtown (Gaelic: Baile Meadhanach)
- Portvasgo (Gaelic: Port Faisgeach)
- Skinnet (Gaelic: Sgianaid)
- Strathan (Gaelic: Srathan)
- Talmine (Gaelic: Tealamainn)
- West Strathan (Gaelic: Srathan Shuas)
- Gittings, Bruce; Munro, David. "Melness". The Gazetteer for Scotland. School of GeoSciences, University of Edinburgh and The Royal Scottish Geographical Society. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- Microsoft; Nokia (26 February 2017). "Melness, Highland" (Map). Bing Maps. Microsoft. Retrieved 26 February 2017.