|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Melsonby shown within North Yorkshire|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Dialling code||01325 718|
|EU Parliament||Yorkshire and the Humber|
Murder of Diana Garbutt
In March 2010, village postmistress Diana Garbutt was found dead in the living quarters above the shop, after suffering severe head injuries. Her husband Robin Garbutt was charged with her murder. He was committed for trial and pleaded not guilty. On 27 September Robin Garbutt was released on bail due to a significant breakthrough in the case against him.
On 19 April 2011, following trial at Teesside Crown Court, he was convicted of the murder of Diane Garbutt and was sentenced to life imprisonment.
- "Parish Population 2015". Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Rishi Sunak official website". Rishi Sunak. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Husband charged with Melsonby post office murder". BBC News. 16 April 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Husband of Melsonby postmistress released on bail". BBC News Online. BBC. 27 September 2010. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
- "Husband guilty of Melsonby postmistress murder". BBC News. 19 April 2011. Retrieved 19 April 2011.
Media related to Melsonby at Wikimedia Commons
|This Richmondshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|