Jump to navigation Jump to search
Merope (//; Greek: Μερόπη) was originally the name of several, probably unrelated, characters in Greek mythology. The name may refer to:
- Merope (mythology), name of Greek mythological characters.
Books and music
- Merope, an 18th-century opera libretto written by Apostolo Zeno and set to music by a number of composers
- Merope Riddle (née Gaunt), mother of Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
- Mérope, a play by Voltaire
- Merope Ward, a main character in the 2010 two-part novel Blackout/All Clear by Connie Willis
- "Merope", tragic poem by Matthew Arnold, 1858
Plants and animals
- 1051 Merope, an asteroid
- Merope (star), in the constellation Taurus and a member of the Pleiades star cluster
- Merope (region), historical region of Thrace
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Merope.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.