Merrimack Warriors women's ice hockey
|Merrimack Warriors women's ice hockey|
|Head coach||Erin Hamlen
2nd year, 5–26–3
|Arena||J. Thom Lawler Arena
|Location||North Andover, Massachusetts|
|Colors||Blue and Gold
The Merrimack Warriors women's ice hockey team is an National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I women's college ice hockey program. The Warriors are a new member of Hockey East. They play at the 3,000-seat J. Thom Lawler Arena in North Andover, Massachusetts, which underwent a major renovation in 2010.
The women's ice hockey program began play in the 2013-14 academic year. The team initially played a club schedule before transitioning to the NCAA in 2015-16 and joining the Hockey East. The college added women's ice hockey, swimming, and water polo as part of its six-sport expansion plans following a settlement with U.S. Department of Education related to a Title IX gender-discrimination complaint.
Year by year
|Won Championship||Lost Championship||Conference Champions||League Leader|
|Finish||Conference Tournament||NCAA Tournament|
|2015–16||Erin Hamlen||5||26||3||Hockey East||3||18||3||9th HE||Did not qualify||Did not qualify|
- "Merrimack College Brand Guidelines". Retrieved 2017-02-22.
- Staff (Oct 3, 2012). "Merrimack to add new women's program". U.S. College Hockey Online. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- "Merrimack to Launch 3 New Sports; Division I Women's Hockey Centerpiece of Expansion". Merrimack College. October 5, 2012. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- Mytelka, Andrew (October 1, 2012). "Merrimack College Will Create 6 Women's Teams to Settle Title IX Complaint". The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved October 15, 2012.
- McMahon, Mike (October 2, 2012). "Merrimack College reaches settlement with Dept. of Education in Title IX probe". Retrieved October 15, 2012.