Messe Frankfurt GmbH (literally "Frankfurt Trade Fair") is one of the most successful global players in its sector and, with sales of around €647 million, is the largest trade fair company with its own exhibition grounds. Headquartered in Frankfurt am Main, the Group has a powerful network of 28 subsidiaries and more than 50 international sales partners. In financial year 2016, a total of 134 trade fairs and exhibitions were held under the Messe Frankfurt umbrella, 84 of these taking place outside Germany. Messe Frankfurt is present in 178 countries and around 50 locations with its brands and brand families. A specialist in international flagship events, the company’s broad sector expertise includes Technology, Mobility & Logistics, Textiles & Textile Technology, Consumer Goods and Entertainment, Media & Creative Industries. Messe Frankfurt’s events and communication platforms lead their respective sectors. 
The company is in the public sector, the shareholders are the City of Frankfurt, with 60 percent and the State of Hesse with 40 percent. The Board of Management of Messe Frankfurt consists of Wolfgang Marzin (Chairman), Detlef Braun, and Uwe Behm.
Frankfurt has been well known for its trade fairs for over 800 years. In the Middle Ages, merchants and businessmen met at the “Römer”, a medieval building in the heart of the city that served as a market place; from 1909 onwards, they met on the grounds of the Festhalle Frankfurt, to the north of Frankfurt Central Station. The first Frankfurt trade fair to be documented in writing dates back to 11 July 1240, when the Frankfurt Autumn Trade Fair was called into being by Emperor Frederick II, who decreed that merchants travelling to the fair were under his protection. Some ninety years later, on 25 April 1330, the Frankfurt Spring Fair also received its privilege from Emperor Louis IV. And from this time onwards, trade fairs were held in Frankfurt twice a year, in spring and autumn, forming the basic structure for Messe Frankfurt’s modern consumer goods fairs. 
Frankfurt Trade Fair
Location and size
Located at the heart of financial and business centre Frankfurt, the exhibition grounds are among the largest and most modern worldwide with some 367,000 m² of hall area and more than 96,000 m² of free space at its disposal. As well as excellent international transport connections by air, rail and road, the exhibition venue enjoys excellent public transport connections: The S-Bahn suburban train station “Messe” stops in the centre of the exhibition grounds, the U-Bahn underground train station and the Strassenbahn tram station are located directly at the City Entrance/Festhalle.
With their unique designs, renowned architects such as Helmut Jahn, Oswald M. Ungers and Nicolas Grimshaw gave Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds an unmistakeable look that dovetails perfectly with Frankfurt’s modern cityscape. Messe Frankfurt customers set great store by the highly functional nature of its halls and conference facilities, which are ideal for hosting a broad cross-section of events. With the Congress Center and Kap Europa, the company operates two congress centres as well. The Hall 12 is currently being built in the western section of the exhibition grounds and will be going into operation in autumn 2018.
Festhalle Frankfurt - A unique location for events of all kinds.
Exhibitions & Trade Fairs
Messe Frankfurt’s events reflect the market structures of a wide range of sectors. 
- Consumer Goods: Ambiente, Christmasworld, Floradecora, Creativeworld, Paperworld, Tendence, Nordstil
- Entertainment, Media & Creative Industries Musikmesse and Prolight + Sound
- Mobility & Logistics: Automechanika with 17 exhibitions worldwide  and other exhibitions such as Hypermotion, Comtrans, Motobike Istanbul, Materials Handling Middle East and RailLog Korea.
- Technology: IFFA, Intersec, Intersec Forum, ISH, Light+Building, Texcare International|Texcare, Cleanzone'
- Textiles & Textile Technologies: Heimtextil, GREENshowroom, Ethical Fashion Show, Texworld, Techtextil andTexprocess
Guest events for example:
- ACHEMA, an international exhibition congress on chemical engineering, environmental protection and biotechnology 
- Frankfurt Book Fair, the world's largest book show 
- IAA, International Motor Show, the world's largest auto show 
- IMEX, the worldwide exhibition for incentive travel, meetings and events 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Messe Frankfurt.|