|Founded||15 Feb 2011|
|James Broberg (CEO)|
John Ellershaw (COO)
|Products||content delivery, video transcoding, video streaming, web accelerator|
|Services||Content delivery network, live streaming, website acceleration, video on demand|
MetaCDN is a cloud-based content delivery network company that also offers video transcoding, streaming video and web accelerator services.
Founded in 2011 from research out of the University of Melbourne, MetaCDN is backed by Australian venture capital firm Starfish Ventures and the University of Melbourne's commercialization arm.
MetaCDN leverages services such as Amazon Web Services, Edgecast, and Windows Azure to offer users access to an integrated global network for content delivery. As of July 2012, the company reported having 102 access points in 5 continents on their website.
In September 2015 MetaCDN rebranded its live streaming platform to StreamShark. The launch of StreamShark included a complete rebuild of the live streaming & video on demand platform.
- ^ "MetaCDN takes content delivery networks into the cloud".
- ^ "MetaCDN - Grow your business, not your infrastructure".
- ^ "Technology Commercialisation: Melbourne School of Engineering, University of Melbourne". www.eng.unimelb.edu.au. Archived from the original on 17 March 2012.
- ^ "MetaCDN: Melbourne School of Engineering, University of Melbourne". www.eng.unimelb.edu.au. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012.
- ^ Broberg, James; Buyya, Rajkumar; Tari, Zahir (2009). "MetaCDN: Harnessing 'Storage Clouds' for high performance content delivery". Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 32 (5): 1012–1022. doi:10.1016/j.jnca.2009.03.004.
- ^ "Welcome to StreamShark". streamshark.io. 22 September 2015.