Metro-link Bus Lines
|Commenced operation||November 1954|
|Service type||Bus charter operator|
|Fleet||15 (May 2014)|
Metro-link Bus Lines is an Australian bus charter company operating services in South West Sydney.
In November 1988 it was merged with Ingleburn Bus Service, which the Oliveri family also owned, and in July 1989 both were renamed Metro-link Bus Lines. In September 1993 the business were again separated.
From 2005 Metro-link's services were part of Sydney Bus Region 3. In October 2013 Transit Systems Sydney commenced operating the new Region 3 from October 2013 that includes the services formerly operated by Metro-link. Metro-link continues to trade as a charter operator.
From the 1970s until the early 1990s, a coach charter operation was operated under the Relaxaway Tours banner.
In the mid-1980s three Volvo B10M coaches were purchased for the Relaxaway Tours division.
For many years the fleet livery was turquoise and red. From 1994 it was changed to the current white, two greens and red scheme. The Relaxaway Tours coaches were painted in a yellow and white livery.
Former routes as of 2013
The following routes were operated by Metro-link prior to October 2013 when Transit Systems Sydney took over Region 3 services.
|801||Liverpool Station||Cabramatta Road, Bonnyrigg Heights, Cecil Hills
& Kemps Creek
|805||Liverpool Station||Ashcroft, Heckenberg, Busby, Green Valley,
Bonnyrigg Heights & St Johns Road
|807||Liverpool Station||Busby, Heckenberg, Busby, Green Valley,
Bonnyrigg Heights, Cecil Hills, & Edensor Park
|815||Cabramatta Station||Mount Pritchard||none|
|816||Cabramatta Station||Cabramatta Road, Brown Road & Bonnyrigg,||Greenfield Park||none|
|823||Liverpool Station||Warwick Farm||Liverpool Station||none|
- History of Giovanni Oliveri and Ingleburn Bus Services Interline
- Oliveri's Metro-Link Bus Lines Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Metro Link" Australian Bus Panorama 5/3 November 1989 page 51
- "Ownership Changes" Fleetline December 1989 page 194
- New South Wales Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. 1993. p. 41.
- Region 2 Transport NSW
- Cut costs or bus contracts will go to private sector, minister tells drivers Sydney Morning Herald 7 November 2012
- Transit Systems awarded Sydney buses contract Transit Systems 7 November 2012
- End of the road for family business after 58 years Sydney Morning Herald 10 November 2012