Metro-link Bus Lines
|Commenced operation||November 1954|
|Service type||Bus charter operator|
|Fleet||15 (May 2014)|
Metro-link Bus Lines is an Australian bus charter company operating services in South West Sydney.
In November 1988 it was merged with Ingleburn Bus Service, which the Oliveri family also owned, and in July 1989 both were renamed Metro-link Bus Lines. In September 1993 the business were again separated.
From 2005 Metro-link's services were part of Sydney Bus Region 3. In October 2013 Transit Systems Sydney commenced operating Region 3 including the services formerly operated by Metro-link. Transit Systems leased Metro-link's Green Valley depot, which opened in December 2010. After operating as a charter operator out of another depot in Ingleburn, Metro-link later returned to the Green Valley depot.
From the 1970s until the early 1990s, a coach charter operation was operated under the Relaxaway Tours banner.
As at May 2014 the fleet consisted of 15 buses. A long time Leyland purchaser, the fleet today consists of Leyland Tigers and Volvo buses. In the mid-1980s three Volvo B10M coaches were purchased for the Relaxaway Tours division.
For many years the fleet livery was turquoise and red. From 1994 it was changed to the current white, two greens and red scheme. The Relaxaway Tours coaches were painted in a yellow and white livery.
- History of Giovanni Oliveri and Ingleburn Bus Services Interline
- Oliveri's Metro-Link Bus Lines Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Metro Link" Australian Bus Panorama 5/3 November 1989 page 51
- "Ownership Changes" Fleetline December 1989 page 194
- New South Wales Bus Operators and Fleet Listings. Sydney: Historic Commercial Vehicle Association. 1993. p. 41.
- Region 3 Archived 25 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine Transport NSW
- Cut costs or bus contracts will go to private sector, minister tells drivers Sydney Morning Herald 7 November 2012
- Transit Systems awarded Sydney buses contract Archived 25 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine Transit Systems 7 November 2012
- End of the road for family business after 58 years Sydney Morning Herald 10 November 2012
Media related to Metro-link Bus Lines at Wikimedia Commons