This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||May 12, 2013|
3.7 / March 9, 2015
|License||ISC License, MIT License|
Metronome is a light-weight XMPP server written in Lua based on Prosody. It's aimed to provide advanced features and an extensive PubSub and Microblogging over XMPP support while maintaining a low resource usage footprint.
Coding of Metronome started in August 2012 due to the increasing needs to customize the Prosody codebase to suit the LW.Org IM xmpp service requirements. Initially the codebase was not meant to be released, but after the adoption by the Jappix main service, the code was opensourced and released under a dual ISC/MIT License.
Jappix (Official Service) a web-based IM Social Platform/XMPP Client, which uses Metronome as backend.
- "Metronome IM v3.7, released". LW.Org. March 9, 2015.
- "XEP-0060: Publish-Subscribe". XMPP Standards Foundation.
- "XEP-0277: Microblogging over XMPP". XMPP Standards Foundation.
- "LW.Org IM XMPP Public Service". LW.Org.
- "Jappix Official Service, Metronome adoption (Tweet)". Jappix.
- "Official FOSS Re-release (Tweet)". Jappix.
|This network-related software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|