Mexia High School
|Mexia High School|
|1120 North Ross Avenue
Mexia, Texas, 76667-2299
|School type||Co-Educational, Public, Secondary high school|
|School district||Mexia I.S.D.|
|Assistant principals||Judy Holleman,
|Color(s)||Black & Crimson|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAA|
|Mascot||Blackcats / Lady Cats|
|Website||Mexia High School|
Mexia High School is a 4A public high school in Mexia, Texas (USA). It is part of the Mexia Independent School District that serves students in northeastern Limestone County. In 2011, the school was rated "Academically Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Mexia Blackcats compete in the following sports:
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
- Boys Basketball
- 1999(3A), 2001(3A)
- Boys Golf
- One Act Play
- 1927(All), 2008(3A)
- Girls Basketball
- Anna Nicole Smith, actress, dropped out during her junior year.
- Ray Rhodes, former NFL head coach and defensive back, class of 1969.
- Kelvin Beachum, Professinal Football Player
- Texas Tribune
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Centennial Webpage - Boys basketball
- UIL Centennial Webpage - Boys golf
- UIL Centennial Webpage - Academics
- Kennedale vs Mexia (03/02/13 at Austin, Texas (Erwin Center))
- Brown, Angela K. (February 10, 2007). "Smith's hometown of Mexia reluctant to claim her as its own". Victoria Advocate. Associated Press. p. B4.
- Christl, Cliff (January 17, 1999). "A personality rooted firmly in the ground". Milwaukee Journal. p. 1C.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|