Mexia High School
|Mexia High School|
|1120 North Ross Avenue
Mexia, Texas 76667-2299
|School type||Co-Educational, Public, Secondary high school|
|School district||Mexia Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Black & Crimson|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAA|
|Mascot||Blackcats /Lady Cats|
|Website||Mexia High School|
Mexia High School is a public high school in Mexia, Texas, (USA) and classified as a 4A school by the UIL. It is part of the Mexia Independent School District that serves students in northeastern Limestone County. In 2015, the school was rated "Met Standard" by the Texas Education Agency.
The Mexia Blackcats compete in these sports - 
Volleyball, Cross Country, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
- Boys Basketball
- 1999(3A), 2001(3A)
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Golf
- One Act Play
- 1927(All), 2008(3A)
- Anna Nicole Smith, actress, dropped out during her junior year.
- Ray Rhodes, former NFL head coach and defensive back, class of 1969.
- Kelvin Beachum, professional football player
- Texas Tribune
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-10.
- The Athletics Department
- UIL Boys Basketball Archives Archived 2012-03-06 at the Wayback Machine.
- UIL Girls Basketball Archives
- Lone Star Football Network
- UIL Boys Golf Archives
- UIL One Act Play Archives Archived 2015-06-01 at the Wayback Machine.
- Brown, Angela K. (February 10, 2007). "Smith's hometown of Mexia reluctant to claim her as its own". Victoria Advocate. Associated Press. p. B4.
- Christl, Cliff (January 17, 1999). "A personality rooted firmly in the ground". Milwaukee Journal. p. 1C.
|This article about a high school in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|