This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 29, 1946|
|Died||June 20, 2016
|provost of parish Mother of God Comforter in Lipnica, provost of parish of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Tarnobrzeg|
Michał Józefczyk (September 29, 1946 – June 20, 2016) was a Polish Catholic priest since 1972, a prelate since 1994, a protonotary apostolic since 2002, and a provost of the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Tarnobrzeg since 1979. He was born in Krościenko Wyżne, and studied theology as a seminary clerical student in Przemyśl. He was consecrated as a priest in Miejsce Piastowe on June 17, 1972.
Awards and orders
For his pastoral activity he received a lot of awards and distinctions. Finalist of Provost Of The Year in 2000. Honoured as a "Provost of Third Millennium" by the Polish Catholic News Agency (Katolicka Agencja Informacyjna). For his working for children he was decorated by them by Order of the Smile. Inhabitants and the City Hall appreciated also his public and social work. Titled "Citizen of Tarnobrzeg of 20th Century" by the City Council. Awarded "Citizen of Tarnobrzeg in 2008" by the listeners of Radio Leliwa and viewers of Miejska Telewizja Tarnobrzeg.
- Church of Mother of God Comforter in Lipnica - 1977
- Wooden Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Tarnobrzeg - 1979
- Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Tarnobrzeg (Serbinów) - 1984
- Chapel of Maksymilian Maria Kolbe in Bojanów - 1994
- Church of Divine Mercy in Tarnobrzeg - 1996
- Church of Saint Barbara in Tarnobrzeg - 1996
- Church of Christ the King in Tarnobrzeg - 2003
- Chapel of All Saints in Tarnobrzeg - 2009
Parish in Serbinów
As the parish priest he is well-known from his commitment and the public work. In parish of Our Lady of Perpetual Help were formed many social welfare centres, medical centres (rehabilitation), chemist, "Caritas". Together with the City Hall he built figures and monuments. By the church, or his nearby surroundings a building and monuments complex came into existence.
- Figure of Sacred Heart in Tarnobrzeg (Zwierzyniecka Street) - 1997
- Monument of Jerzy Popiełuszko in Tarnobrzeg (Konstytucji 3 Maja Street) - 1999
- I Branch of Hospice (Konstytucji 3 Maja Street in Tarnobrzeg) - 2001
- Figure of Resurrected Jesus in Tarnobrzeg (Kossaka Street) - 2001
- II Branch of Hospice (Dąbrówki Street in Tarnobrzeg) - 2002
- Monument of John Poul II in Tarnobrzeg (Warszawska Street) - 2005
- Monument of Unborne Children in Tarnobrzeg - 2006
- Monument of Victims of Road Chrushes - 2007
- Mother Teresa House for Homeless Man - 2007
- Window Of Life - 2009 r.
After visit of Pope John Paul II on 12 June 1999 in Sandomierz he put up a monument in the landing place of the helicopter in Tarnobrzeg - Wielowieś. Together with the foundation established at this aim he opened the Catholic school.
- Monument of Visit of Pope John Poul II in Tarnobrzeg's Land (Wielowieś) - 2001
- The Public Catholic Primary School and The Public Catholic Secondary School in Tarnobrzeg - 2008
- According to canon law the parish was established in 1980, but de facto exists since 1979. The difference results for lack agreements of communist authorities.