|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 40th district
January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Seth Morgan|
December 13, 1961 |
Clayton, Ohio, U.S.
|Residence||Brookville, Ohio, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Miami University|
Michael Henne (born December 13, 1961) is a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, serving the Thirty Sixth District since 2011.
After graduating from Miami University, Henne went on to found Boord-Henne Insurance Agency where he has worked since 1987.
Ohio House of Representatives
When Representative Seth Morgan decided to seek the office of Ohio Auditor, Henne entered a crowded primary to replace him. In the Republican primary, he faced Butler Township Trustee Joe Ellis. Ellis was originally the party favorite, but due to a fight which broke out among Ellis at a local bar, the party support turned to Henne. In the end, Henne defeated Ellis handily, by almost 4,300 votes. In the general election, Democrats fielded well-known school board member Carl Fisher in an effort to take a pick-up from Republicans. In the end, Henne defeated Fisher easily, by about 12,000 votes.
Henne was sworn into office for his first term on January 3, 2011. Currently, Henne is on the committees of Economic and Small Business Development, Education, Financial Institutions, Housing, and Urban Development, and Insurance.
In 2012, Henne won reelection with 54.46% of the vote over Democrat Carl Fisher.
- State rep. candidate arrested in connection with assault at local bar
- Brunner, Jennifer 2010 primary election results (2010-05-04)
- 3 seek open seat in 36th Ohio House district
- Brunner, Jennifer 2010 general election results (2010-11-02)
- Two new lawmakers from Dayton area sworn in
- The Ohio House of Representatives: Representative Michael Henne (R-Brookville) official site
- Michael Henne for State Representative campaign website