Michael Patrick Shiels
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Michael Patrick Shiels is a radio personality and author from the US state of Michigan. He is the former host of Michael Patrick Shiels in the Morning, heard on nine Michigan radio stations. He is also known for authoring books with Donald Trump, Larry King, Arthur Hills, and Ben Wright.
Shiels has written for newspapers and magazines on golf and travel. His articles have appeared in publications including the Los Angeles Times, Cigar Aficionado, Travel + Leisure, AAA Michigan Living, Singapore’s SC Magazine, Bermuda Royal Gazette, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Automotive News, Traverse Magazine, Lake Magazine, Traverse City Record-Eagle, Booth Newspapers, The Detroit News, Detroit Free Press, Heritage Newspapers, Sports Illustrated, Golf Magazine, and more.
Shiels was the long-time producer for Detroit's legendary radio host, J.P. McCarthy at WJR. He began hosting the Michigan Talk Network's morning show in 2005 until his departure in February 2012. He has won the "Network Radio Personality of the Year" award from the Michigan Association of Broadcasters in both 2007 and 2008.
- Shiels, Michael Patrick (1997). J.P. McCarthy... Just Don’t Tell ‘em Where I Am. Farmington Hills, Michigan: Sleeping Bear Press. ISBN 978-1-886947-24-5.
- ——— (1999). Good Bounces and Bad Lies - The Biography of Ben Wright. Farmington Hills, Michigan: Sleeping Bear Press. ISBN 978-1-886947-22-1.
- ——— (2000). Speak Wright: A Literary Guide to the Game of Golf. New York: Clocktower Press. ISBN 978-1-58536-008-6.
- ——— (2003). Works of Art: Golf Course Designs by Arthur Hills. Virginia Beach, Virginia: Donning Publishers. ISBN 978-1-57864-233-5.
- ——— (2005). Golf’s Short Game For Dummies. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley Publications. ISBN 978-0-7645-6920-3.
- ——— (2008). Secrets of the Great Golf Course Architects: A Treasury of the World's Greatest Golf Courses by History's Master Designers. New York: Skyhorse Publishing. ISBN 978-1-60239-326-4.
- Nagengast, Kate (February 29, 2012). "Talk radio host Michael Patrick Shiels leaves 'Michigan's Morning Show', Cumulus Broadcasting". MLive. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- Richards, Dave; Frisch, Kevin (October 24, 2008). "Michael Patrick Shiels authors book about golf course architects". WorldGolf.com (Press release). Golf Channel. Retrieved March 24, 2010.