|Title||Chief Executive Officer of the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA)|
Michelle Kathryn Essomé (nee Taylor) is an African investment banker and the chief executive officer of the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA). She is also an ambassador of Build Africa, an international development and education charity based in London, England.
Early life and education
Essomé was born in Cameroon in October, 1968. She has an MBA in Finance from Columbia Business School, where she was a Robert F. Toigo fellow. She also obtained a BBA in Finance from Howard University in Washington DC.
In September, 2011, Essomé was appointed chief executive officer of the African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (AVCA), a pan-African industry body which aims to catalyse, promote and enable private equity and venture capital investment in Africa.
Essomé's investment banking career has spanned over 20 years with roles in equities, fixed income and investment management. She was previously a Director at Neuberger Berman and has worked with Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, and Nomura. In early 2007, Essomé joined Lehman Brothers Asset Management.
Essome has worked in the US, UK and France.
- "HERMES - Columbia Business School - Columbia University". 1pdf.net. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "African private equity exits show momentum after 38% increase in 2014". African Business Central. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- musajja (2014-04-03). "Private Equity Still Misunderstood in Africa". The Habari Network. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "Michelle Essomé". BizNis Africa. 2014-03-11. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "African Private Equity And Venture Capital Association Limited - Company Profile - Endole". suite.endole.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "Michelle Kathryn Essomé (AVCA): "Private Equity has played a leading role in backing companies in Africa" - Leaders League". www.leadersleague.com. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- "Michelle Kathryn Essome, Director at Neuberger Berman LLC - Relationship Science". relationshipscience.com. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
- McGregor, Sarah (September 20, 2011). "African Venture Capital Association Appoints Essome as CEO". Bloomberg. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- "Meet the Boss: Michelle Kathryn Essomé, CEO, African Private Equity and Venture Capital Association". How We Made It In Africa. 2018-11-21. Retrieved 2019-07-27.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (August 2019)