This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michelle Hodkin (born May 31, 1982) is an American New York Times bestselling author, and the creator of the Mara Dyer Trilogy, consisting of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and The Retribution of Mara Dyer.
Early life and education
Hodkin grew up in South Florida, United States, to a Jewish family.
Graduating with an English degree from New York University, Hodkin intended to pursue a career in academia. Hodkin instead attended law school in Michigan immediately upon graduation. She completed her law degree at the age of 23.
Before publishing her debut novel, she worked as a lawyer, specializing in anti-terrorism litigation. She primarily worked on behalf of the victims of terror and family members for the 9/11 multi-district litigation as well as the case Almog Vs. Arab Bank. While working as a lawyer, Hodkin split her time between New York, Charleston, and Tel Aviv.
Hodkin was twenty-seven when she began writing. Her first novel, was published in 2011. Her second novel, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and the second book in the Mara Dyer Trilogy came out quickly after in 2012, while her third novel, The Retribution of Mara Dyer, and the final book in the trilogy was published in 2014.
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers recently announced Hodkin’s newest project — a spin-off series written from the perspective of Noah Shaw, a character from the Mara Dyer Trilogy. The Shaw Confessions are projected to be released in summer 2017.
Michelle Hodkin has spoken at length about animal rights, and has adopted many pets. “When I’m not writing, which isn’t very often, I can usually be found prying strange objects from the jaws of one of my ... rescued pets”
The Mara Dyer Trilogy
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
2. The Evolution of Mara Dyer
3. The Retribution of Mara Dyer
The Shaw Confessions Trilogy
1. The Becoming of Noah Shaw
2. The Reckoning of Noah Shaw
- Taylor, Ihsan. "Best Sellers - The New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "The Mara Dyer Trilogy Books by Michelle Hodkin from Simon & Schuster". Simonandschuster.com. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "Bustle". Bustle. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Michelle Hodkin. "Michelle Hodkin Author revealed questions and answers (Q&A) | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster". Authors.simonandschuster.com. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- Biedenharn, Isabella (2015-11-03). "Michelle Hodkin will write a spin-off series to the Mara Dyer Trilogy - exclusive". EW.com. Retrieved 2015-12-06.
- "— Bio". Michellehodkin.tumblr.com. 2014-11-04. Retrieved 2015-12-06.