|Fate||Acquired by IBM|
|Founder||Christopher J. Dawes
(CEO until 2002)
(CEO from 2003)
|Website||www.micromuse.com (redirects to IBM website)|
- This article refers to the former software company. For the online role-playing game see MicroMUSE.
In December 2002, the company chairman and chief executive officer Greg Brown announced his resignation, and his move to become executive vice president of Motorola. Brown had worked for Micromuse since 1999.
In July 2003, Lloyd Carney was named CEO and chairman of the board, replacing Mike Luetkemeyer who was the interim CEO.
In July 2005, Micromuse announced an agreement to acquire GuardedNet Inc, a computer security company based in Atlanta, for $16.2 million in cash. GuardedNet was founded by Bob Hughes, Matt Caldwell, and Iven Connary in 1999 and was venture funded by MC Partners (Boston) 
- "A business need for better intelligence". Channelweb.co.uk. 2005-07-25. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "IBM to acquire Micromuse for $865 million". News.cnet.com. 2005-12-21. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Psytechnics, Micromuse partner for quality management". Telecompaper.com. 2005-02-22. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus". 01.ibm.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Business Wire (2003-05-12). "Micromuse Unveils Streamlined Brand Architecture for Netcool Product Family". Businesswire.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Harrison, Linda (1999-03-22). "Micromuse founder killed in F1 smash". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "IBM Closes 2005 With Capture of Micromuse". It-analysis.com. 2006-01-03. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Micromuse to buy Riversoft for £43m". Zdnet.com. 2002-06-19. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Finance. "Tee surrenders Riversoft to rival". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Phoenix Business Journal. "Micromuse CEO named to Motorola post". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal (2003-07-29). "Micromuse names new CEO". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Business Wire (2005-07-05). "Micromuse Enters into Agreement to Acquire GuardedNet Inc". Businesswire.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "IBM to Acquire Micromuse Inc". 03.ibm.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|