Midlands Junior League
|Midlands Junior League|
|Number of teams||12|
|Related competition||Midlands Rugby League Premier Division, Midlands Rugby League Division One, Midlands Rugby League Division Two|
The adult Midlands Merit League was founded in late 2005 to support the growth of rugby league in non-heartland areas. The 2007 season saw the introduction of an informal under-15 league Midlands Junior League based on Merit League principles. In 2008 the junior competition featured under-14 and under-16 divisions.
Midlands clubs voted against clubs outside the Midlands being included for the 2010 season. In 2010 the Under-12s took a tournament based format and Under-11s and Girls Under-12s started on a similar basis.
2011 saw the addition of an Under-18s league and saw the Under-14s take on a tournament based format, with the Under-12s replaced by an Under-13s.
The following teams will participate in 2012:
Teams play an equal number of games. The top four teams in each age group will contest the semi-finals with first playing fourth and second playing third.
Win: 3 points
Draw: 2 points
Defeat not conceded, fielding 13 players: 1 point
Default on game within three days of fixture: 0 points, with 40-0 score-line awarded to the opposition.
The under-14, under-13 and under-11 boys and under-12 girls competitions take place on a tournament format.
- 2007 Under-15s: Telford Raiders
- 2008 Under-14s: Derby Dragons, Under-16s: Northampton Knights
- 2009 Under-12s: Northampton Knights, Under-14s: Redditch Ravens, Under-16s: Nottingham Outlaws
- 2010 Under-12s: Northampton Knights, Under-14s: Telford Raiders, Under-16s: Birmingham Bulldogs
- 2011 Under-16s: Coventry Bears, Under-18s: Northampton Demons
- 2012 Under-16s: Gloucestershire All Golds, Under-18s: Leicester Storm