|Municipality||De Ronde Venen|
Its population is around 16,000. The football team SV Argon has its stadium here. Recently the city has grown, by expanding with 'Wickelhof I and II'. A national festival is held in Mijdrecht every year. The festival is called AJOC.
There is one high/secondary school called Veenlanden College. This school contains around 1600 students in Mavo, Havo and Vwo levels.
The main street is the area around the Dorpstraat, where most shops and the cityhouse are located. There is a police office, a fire department, 6 supermarkets, sport facilities, and a coffee shop. There is no police or doctor in the weekends.
Most parts of the city (like Hofland-Noord and Molenland) were built after 1980.
Until 1989, Mijdrecht was a separate municipality.
- Isabelle van Keulen, violinist
- Theo Hoogstraaten, author of children's books
- Father Werenfried (Philipp) van Straaten founder of the international Catholic association Aid to the Church in Need
- Irfan Bachdim, Indonesian footballer
- Henk Norel, Professional international basketball player
- Anouk Hoogendijk, Professional footballer
- Ad van der Meer and Onno Boonstra, "Repertorium van Nederlandse gemeenten", KNAW, 2006. 
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Mijdrecht". Map of the former municipality in 1868.
|This Utrecht location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|