|Privately held company|
|Headquarters||Tampa, Florida, United States|
|Raymond Friedman, President and CEO|
Mile2 is an information technology security company that develops and provides proprietary accredited cybersecurity certifications. The company's technology security programs are utilized in the private and public sectors, including by Boeing, Canada's Department of National Defense, the National Security Agency, the United States Air Force, the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS), the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation and others.
Mile2 has developed and provides 15 internationally recognized, proprietary cybersecurity certifications, which have been accredited by CNSS 4011-4016 and are approved on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Security Careers and Studies' (NICCS) training schedule for the Department of Homeland Security. On January 13, 2013, Mile2 entered into a collaborative partnership with Merit Network to provide cybersecurity courseware and certifications through the Michigan Cyber Range.
The company also has been involved in training U.S. veterans for private sector opportunities in cybersecurity, holding training sessions for veterans around the nation.
- Mile2 website, "About Us", Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "FBI Cyber Backgrounds Chart: Preferred Degrees and Work Experience," Federal Bureau of Investigation Archived 2015-07-29 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved February 17, 2015.
- "FBI seeks Special Agents with Cyber skills," by Jobs Meister, IntelligenceCareers.com Archived 2015-02-26 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved February 17, 2015.
- "Companies battle data breaches," TechSling, October 25, 2014, retrieved February 17, 2015.
- "Mile2: Good people trying to do great work," Business Futurz, March 26, 2014, retrieved February 17, 2015.
- National Security Agency Central Security Service, National Security Agency (NSA) website, retrieved February 19, 2015.
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS), "Professional Certifications", NICCS website, retrieved February 19, 2015.
- Mile2 website, retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "Merit Network Announces Collaborative Partnership with Mile2 for Michigan Cyber Range Courseware." The Street, January 31, 2013, retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Merit Network announces collaborative partnership with Mil2 for Michigan cyber range courseware," Bloomberg Business, January 31, 2013., retrieved February 26, 2015.]
- "Veterans' Cybersecurity Retraining Program a Success," by Ardelia Lee, Daily Detroit, February 17, 2015, retrieved February 17, 2015.