This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Milen Nikolaev Vrabevski
23 December 1968
|Alma mater||Medical University of Varna|
|Website||Bulgarian Memory Foundation|
Milen Nikolaev Vrabevski (Bulgarian: Милен Николаев Врабевски) is a Bulgarian businessman, philanthropist, and patron of the arts. He is the founder and chairman of the Bulgarian Memory Foundation. He is the CEO and owner of Comac Medical, a contract research organization providing development, management, and control of R&D projects in clinical medicine. The company conducts research in 28 countries, covering Europe, Asia, and North America. Vrabevski is also the owner of the Tzar Simeon Veliki educational institute.
Education and business
Milen Vrabevski graduated from the English-language class of the First Language School (1987) and the Medical University (1995) in his native city of Varna. He completed his mandatory military service in the Bulgarian Navy in the radio and telegraph division between 1987 and 1989. He specialized in R&D project management and system auditing in Germany, France, the UK, the US, and Israel between 1996 and 2002. He founded the CRO/SMO Comac Medical in 1997.
In 2002, Vrabevski founded the Association for Good Clinical Practice and Clinical Research Development. He was a member of the Advisory Council Europe of the Drug Information Association between 2006 and 2009.
In 2010, Vrabevski established the music production company Intelligent Music for the popularization of contemporary Bulgarian music and culture. Intelligent Music is listed in the Registry of Cultural Organizations at the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Soon after Intelligent Music's founding, the international rock collaboration Intelligent Music Project came into being. Over the years, various prominent rock musicians have taken part in the project, including Simon Phillips (TOTO, Protocol), Ronnie Romero (Rainbow), John Payne (Asia), and Carl Sentance (Nazareth).
Vrabevski is founding chairman of the Bulgarian Memory Foundation, established in 2007.
Awards and recognition
Vrabevski received the 2013 European Citizens' Prize awarded by the European Parliament. The same year, he was awarded the Honorary Badge with Ribbon of the Mayor of Varna. He has been a member of the Clinton Global Initiative since 2012 and was recognized in 2011 by the Bulgarian Donors' Forum as "Man of the Year with an exceptional contribution to the cause of philanthropy in Bulgaria". In 2009, the Association of Bulgarians in Ukraine voted him "Man of the Year" for his exceptional contribution to the promotion of the economic and cultural relations between Ukraine and Bulgaria. In 2012, Mihail Formuzal, governor of the Autonomous Territorial Unit of Gagauzia, conferred the 20th Anniversary State Medal on him.
In 2014, Vrabevski received the Individual Donor with Cause award from the Workshop for Civic Initiatives Foundation and was elected "Enlightener of the Year" in a national campaign organized by Radio FM+.
In 2016, Vrabevski received the 2016 Pythagoras Award of the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science (MES) on behalf of his company Comac Medical, for "Company with the Largest Investments in Science". During the same year, he also received the "Apostle of the Bulgarian National Spirit" award for his significant contribution to the preservation and promotion of Bulgarian cultural and historical heritage. In November 2016, he became a member of the Public Council of the Bulgarian National Radio.
In 2017 Vrabevski was awarded honorary citizenship of Varna for his exceptional contributions in the sphere of Bulgarian culture and education and for his activities as a philanthropist, patriot, and musician.
In 2020, Vrabevski was included in the "Doctors We Trust 2020" edition compiled by the newspaper 24 Hours.
- "Образователен комплекс "Цар Симеон Велики" – нов прочит на учебната система". www.24chasa.bg. Retrieved 3 June 2021.
- BraveWords. "INTELLIGENT MUSIC PROJECT II - All-Star Concept Album Featuring Drum Legend SIMON PHILLIPS, TOTO's Joseph Williams, and URIAH HEEP's John Lawton Now Available; Promo Video Streaming". bravewords.com. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- "Intelligent Music Project V "Life Motion" Featuring Members of Rainbow, Toto, Asia and River Hounds". NewJerseyStage.com. 9 June 2020. Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- Capital.bg. "За силата на личния пример". www.capital.bg (in Bulgarian). Retrieved 27 June 2020.
- Academician Valeri Petrov, Dr. Milen Vrabevski: European Citizens of the Year BNR, 15 Oct 2013
- Milen Vrabevski awarded the Honorary Badge with Ribbon of the Mayor of Varna Archived 2013-09-27 at the Wayback Machine BGNES, 18 Aug 2013
- Aurubis, Raiffeisenbank and bTV handed corporate philanthropy awards The Sofia Echo, 07 Oct 2011
- 9th Charity Awards "Zaedno" FROGNEWS, 04 Jul 2014
- "ОСМОТО ИЗДАНИЕ НА ГОДИШНИТЕ НАГРАДИ "ПИТАГОР" 2016 ОТЛИЧИ ВОДЕЩИ УЧЕНИ" [The Eighth Edition of the Annual Pythagoras Awards 2016 Honors Leading Scientists]. mon.bg (in Bulgarian). 19 May 2016. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Apostle of the Bulgarian national traits" 2016 voevodite.bg, 20 Aug 2016
- Dariknews. "Dr. Milen Vrabevski received the prestigious title "Honorary Citizen of Varna"". dariknews.bg (in Bulgarian). Retrieved 23 January 2018.
- "Специални звена да заместват джипито в уикенда (Видео, обзор)". www.24chasa.bg. Retrieved 3 June 2021.