From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Military rule (disambiguation))
Military rule may mean:
- Military law, the legal system applying to members of the armed forces
- Martial law, where military authority takes over normal administration of law
- Militarism or militarist ideology - the ideology of government as best served when under military control
- Military occupation, when a country or area is occupied after invasion.
- Police state, where people's lives are subject to constant and often covert police surveillance
- Military dictatorship, a form of government where political power resides with the military
- Military junta ("junta," from Spanish meaning "together")
- khakistocracy, where the military regime colludes with the elite and industrial classes for perpetuating their rule
- Military tribunal
Military rule may also be:
- When a military applies a court-martial and non-judicial punishment
- When specific laws are applied in a military context as in the United States Uniform Code of Military Justice by the Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Military rule.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.