Milk Vita is a milk production company that produces milk under its own name. It is owned by Bangladesh Milk Producers Co-operative Union Limited, a cooperative managed by the government of Bangladesh. Milk Vita has 70 percent market share of liquid milk in Bangladesh.
The company was established as a cooperative that would collect milk from farmers in rural areas and sell them in urban areas of Bangladesh. Products manufactured by the company include liquid milk, yogurt, cream, power milk, butter and ghee. The company was founded in 1974. In 2016 a government report found 12 private milk producers in Bangladesh were imitating the packaging of Milk Vita.
- Huque, Quazi M Emdadul. "Milk Vita". en.banglapedia.org. Banglapedia. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "Plight of Milk Vita". thefinancialexpress-bd.com. The Financial Express Online Version. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "Milk, garlic pricier, so is stored potato". thefinancialexpress-bd.com. The Financial Express Online Version. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "Bangladesh dairy cooperative lifts farmers out of poverty". fao.org. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "12 companies selling milk in packets identical to Milk Vita's: Govt". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|