Millennial Choirs and Orchestras
|Millennial Choirs & Orchestras|
|Origin||Orange County, California, U.S.|
|Founding||2007 (9 years ago)|
|Genre||Worship, classical, gospel|
Millennial™ Choirs & Orchestras is a musical organization with choirs for youth and adults, and a symphony orchestra for experienced instrumentalists. MCO was founded in 2007 for the purpose of teaching and encouraging excellence in quality sacred and classical music. Its primary purpose is to offer a refined music performance education, with a focus on God and country. MCO has locations in 5 states: California, Arizona, Utah, Texas, and Idaho.
MCO consists of singers ranging from age four through adult. The Symphony Orchestra consists of experienced instrumentalists. The ensembles are constructed as follows:
- Symphony Orchestra: Accomplished instrumentalists (auditioned)
- Grand Chorus: Accomplished adult singers (auditioned)
- Millennial Chorus: Advanced youth singers
- Concert Choir: High school-aged (9th-12th grade)
- Youth Chorus: Youth 6th-8th grades
- Children’s Chorus: Children 2nd-5th grades
- Young Singers Chorus: Children age 4 to first grade
MCO was founded in 2007 by brothers and musicians Brandon Stewart and Dr. Brett Stewart. The organization recently expanded its artistic staff by adding the following musical directors: Cory Mendenhall, Dr. Cherilyn Worthen, Dr. Brent Wells, and Dr. Joni Jensen. MCO operates under the parent organization Millennial™ Music, which is a private 501(c)(3) Nonprofit organization. The organization's motto is "All Ages. All Faiths. One Voice." It was founded for the purpose of teaching and encouraging excellence in quality sacred and classical music. Annually there are more than 2,500 individuals who participate in MCO.
- Orange County Millennial™ Choirs & Orchestra (OCMCO) was founded in Orange County, California in the fall of 2007.
- East Valley Millennial™ Choirs & Orchestra (EVMCO) began in Arizona in the fall of 2009.
- In March 2013, MCO was invited to perform at the National Conference of the American Choral Directors Association in Dallas, Texas.
- Dallas Millennial™ Choirs & Orchestra (DMCO) & Utah Valley Millennial™ Choirs & Orchestra (UVMCO) began in the fall of 2013.
- Treasure Valley Millennial™ Choirs & Orchestra (TVMCO) began in the greater Boise, Idaho, area in the fall of 2015.
- In June 2016, participants from MCO's five locales will participate in its "God & Country Tour" to Washington, D.C.
|Year||Album Name||# of Tracks|
|2009||That Easter Morn||13|
|2011||Messiah in America||22|
|2012||O Holy Night||15|
|2014||To Be American||14|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2015)|
- Zint, Bradley (2011-05-02), "Classically Trained: Singing on a high note at the Segerstrom Center", Daily Pilot
- Perera, Srianthi (2010-05-15), "Ecumenical singers, musicians share passion for music", The Arizona Republic
- Swegles, Fred (2009-03-24), "Family, orchestra find unity in music", The Orange County Register
- Official website of Millennial™ Choirs and Orchestras