|Birth name||Milomir Miljanić|
|Born||14 June 1963|
Nikšić, SR Montenegro, SFR Yugoslavia
|Labels||PGP RTS, Jugodisk, Jugoton, Jugovideo, Renome, Astron, BN Music|
Milomir Miljanić (Serbian Cyrillic: Миломир Миљанић; born 14 June 1963), nicknamed Miljan (Миљан), is a Montenegrin folk singer. Initially a guslar (gusle player, bard), he was the 5-time national champion before turning to pop-music in 2005. He is known for his traditional folk songs, which are mainly on patriotic and love themes. His hits include Gledaj, Orle and Izbeglica.
Miljan began performing Serbian epic poetry on gusle as a young child. At 16 years of age, he released his first album. At 17, he won the Junior Championship in gusle, while as a senior, he won a total of five times.
In 1990 he released his gusle cassette "The Wings of Kosovo", which sold a record-breaking 300 copies a day.
In 2005 he left the epic poetry scene and entered the folk music scene with the release of his album Postadosmo dva naroda. He is known for his traditional folk songs, which are mainly on patriotic and love themes.
As of 2012, he has released more than 30 albums.
- 2005. Постадосмо два народа
- 2007. Избеглица
- 2008. Да се не заборави
- 2010. Идем тамо ђе ме воле
- 2011. Бунтовник
- ""Глас Србије": Миломир Миљан Миљанић - српски гуслар и певач подстрек младим покољењима". 2012-05-92. Check date values in:
- Miša Đurković. http://starisajt.nspm.rs/kulturnapolitika/2007_djurkovic_mm.htm. Missing or empty
- . Svedok http://www.svedok.rs/index.asp?show=60122. Missing or empty