(Douglas ex Lindl.) G.L.Nesom
Erythranthe floribunda is a species of monkeyflower known by the common name many-flowered monkeyflower. It is native to western North America from western Canada to California and northern Mexico, to the Rocky Mountains. It grows in many types of habitat, especially moist areas. It was formerly known as Mimulus floribundus.
This plant is variable in morphology, taking several forms. In general it is an annual herb with a thin stem 3 to 50 centimeters long, growing upright or decumbent. In texture it is hairy and sometimes slimy. The oppositely arranged leaves vary in size and shape. The tubular base of the flower is encapsulated in a hairy calyx of sepals with pointed lobes. The corolla of the flower is yellow and up to 1.5 centimeters long.
- Barker, W.R.; Nesom, G.L.; Beardsley, P.M.; Fraga, N.S. (2012), "A taxonomic conspectus of Phrymaceae: A narrowed circumscriptions for Mimulus, new and resurrected genera, and new names and combinations" (PDF), Phytoneuron, 2012-39: 1–60
- Beardsley, P. M.; Yen, Alan; Olmstead, R. G. (2003). "AFLP Phylogeny of Mimulus Section Erythranthe and the Evolution of Hummingbird Pollination". Evolution. 57 (6): 1397–1410. JSTOR 3448862.
- Beardsley, P. M.; Olmstead, R. G. (2002). "Redefining Phrymaceae: the placement of Mimulus, tribe Mimuleae, and Phryma". American Journal of Botany. 89 (7): 1093–1102. JSTOR 4122195. doi:10.3732/ajb.89.7.1093.
- Beardsley, P. M.; Schoenig, Steve E.; Whittall, Justen B.; Olmstead, Richard G. (2004). "Patterns of Evolution in Western North American Mimulus (Phrymaceae)". American Journal of Botany. 91 (3): 474–4890. JSTOR 4123743.
- Calflora Database: Mimulus floribundus (Floriferous monkeyflower, Many flowered monkey flower
- Jepson Manual eFlora (TJM2) treatment of Mimulus floribundus
- USDA Plants Profile for Mimulus floribundus (manyflowered monkeyflower)
- U.C. Photos gallery − Mimulus floribundus
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Erythranthe floribunda.|
|This Lamiales article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|