|Years active||1996– present|
|Labels||Blue Corn Music|
|Associated acts||The Revivalists|
Mingo Fishtrap is a soul and funk band based in Austin, Texas. They were formed in the mid-1990s in Denton, Texas. The band consists of Roger Blevins, Jr. Guitar/Lead Vocals, Chip Vayenas Drums/Vocals, Dane Farnsworth Organ/Keyboards, Roger Blevins Sr. Bass, Steve Butts Trumpet/Flügelhorn, Dan Bechdolt Tenor Saxophone. They have, with a few personnel changes over the years, released six albums and one concert video.
Before a local performance in Raleigh, North Carolina in July 2016, Indy Week's Timothy Bracy wrote hopefully: "Long-running Austin soul and funk outfit Mingo Fishtrap features an agreeably accomplished horn-driven sound evocative of everything from Curtis Mayfield to early Chicago. Infectious tunes and plentiful chops figure to make for a crowd-pleasing evening."
- 1997: Succotash
- 2000: From The Private Bag
- 2004: EP2
- 2005: Yesterday
- 2006: Live at the Granada
- 2008: EP3
- 2010: In The Meantime
- 2014: On Time
- Carolyn Lamberson. "Group's New Orleans Funk Takes Detour Through Austin". Eugene Register-Guard, 6/24/2005.
- "Mingo Fishtrap plans McDavid New Years Eve bash". Fort Worth Star-Telegram, 12/23/2009.
- Ron Williams. "Prepare To Be Funktified With Mingo Fishtrap". The Columbus Packet, 5/1/2011
- Casey Phillips. "Q&A with Roger Blevins, Jr., front man of Mingo Fishtrap". Chattanooga Times Free Press, 8/5/2011.
- Jessica Szafoni. "Mingo Fishtrap bring a funky party to Musikfest". The Morning Call, 8/9/2011.
- Chris Riemenschneider. "The BIGGER they are, the HARDER they GROOVE; Horns. Drums. Crowds." Austin American-Statesman, 11/2/2000.
- Jim Beal Jr. "Bands rock clubs with groove, noise". San Antonio Express-News, 1/24/2000
- Timothy Bracy (27 July 2016). "Mingo Fishtrap: Southland Ballroom". Indy Week. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Record review: Mingo Fishtrap—Yesterday (Manor Productions)". The Austin Chronicle, 9/16/2005.